Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it that...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Every time someone posts a pretty picture asking for advice people say they are fishing for compliments yet when an ugly person does it they don't? Not everyone who is pretty is fishing nor do they all think that they are pretty.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugly people do it also, and they get the same responses. That girl, yes girl not woman, wanted us to tell her she looked pregnant and not fat.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

FACT: Anyone who posts a picture of themselves in this group asking if they look fat is fishing for compliments or trolling for fun. 

Photo: -Randi.

Scinn
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
If they're only looking for advice...like, "ladies...is this hair style flattering?" I don't see how it would be fishing. If they've got 20 pictures and are asking if they are ugly...and all the pictures have duck face or Tyra banks modeling class 101 faces/poses, with skimpy clothes...it's fishing and chances are CM is gunna tear them apart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I wasn't talking about that post, I had another in mind actually.

Quoting brettsmomma:

FACT: Anyone who posts a picture of themselves in this group asking if they look fat is fishing for compliments or trolling for fun. 

abecee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM

attention whore

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I was talking about posts that are asking for advice not that post. Not the "am I pretty posts" one girl asked what hair style would look flattering and people kept saying she was fishing just because she was pretty. Another one awhile back in particular was super bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugly people do it also, and they get the same responses. That girl, yes girl not woman, wanted us to tell her she looked pregnant and not fat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Ah ok. Women shouldn't post pics in this group, and I'm not being mean. I'm being serious. These women can be vicious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about posts that are asking for advice not that post. Not the "am I pretty posts" one girl asked what hair style would look flattering and people kept saying she was fishing just because she was pretty. Another one awhile back in particular was super bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

That post with that one girl now is a shameless post disguised as a "hey is my hair better like this or this..." they looked gorgeous no matter what style...I think it was more like a "fuck my hair... look how pretty I am."

I didn't comment on it because I think she already knows how good she looks short or long. Some you can tell others you can tell they genuinely ask for the opinions.

Quoting Scinn:

If they're only looking for advice...like, "ladies...is this hair style flattering?" I don't see how it would be fishing. If they've got 20 pictures and are asking if they are ugly...and all the pictures have duck face or Tyra banks modeling class 101 faces/poses, with skimpy clothes...it's fishing and chances are CM is gunna tear them apart.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I didn't for one second get the impression that she was fishing.  She is pretty and I told her so.  Lol, and I voted for the shorter cut.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Scinn
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I must have missed that post....I was just trying to think of a legitimate thing someone might ask for advice on lol. But I agree, you can absolutely tell which ones are real and which are fishing.

Quoting Anonymous:

That post with that one girl now is a shameless post disguised as a "hey is my hair better like this or this..." they looked gorgeous no matter what style...I think it was more like a "fuck my hair... look how pretty I am."

I didn't comment on it because I think she already knows how good she looks short or long. Some you can tell others you can tell they genuinely ask for the opinions.

Quoting Scinn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured