Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you feel weird having your tubes tied if your dh could still have kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

Ok I am really curious about something. I was wondering if any of you would feel strange getting your tubes tied? It could be just me but I don't think I would want to eliminate the possibility of me being able to have kids when my dh still can. I mean I would feel stupid if we got divorced and he knocked someone else up and I was sitting over here unable to have kids with whoever my new partner would be. I just don't want my dh having kids with anyone else if I can't have any myself. Is that stupid? Why should I fix myself for him when we might not last forever?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. this is a big reason why me and my husband both refuse to get anything permanent done. also if one of us dies and the other gets remarried we want to option to have more children with that person if we choose. just because me and my husband are done having children together, doesn't mean we are both done having children period.

Talienas
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this
Because if you're questioning whether you'll last you already have issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldnt get my tubes tied. If anyone gets anything done it will be DH

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Well, for ME, I don't want kids...ever. No more I am finished. My boyfriend knows this and I would consider getting myself fixed indefinitely. It would be selfish of me to deny him the rest of his life from having kids because if anything were to ever happen where we'd split up, I'd want him to have that opportunity with someone else. No negative feelings attached.

Fartinator
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I plan on getting mine done soon. Even if we don't stay together, I have no intention of having any more kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I got my tubes tied & will be having a hysterectomy later this month. I didn't do it because I didn't want kids. I did it because I have bad endometriosis & in order to get a endometrial ablation to help with the pain, I had to get a tubal as well. 

If you feel like you may want kids later, then by all means, don't get a tubal. Do NFP, get a hormone free IUD. There are several options. 

kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I never thought of it like that. Mhmm, I have to think about that one.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I would never tie my tubes nor want my husband to get a vasectomy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We are together for life. If one of us aren't having kids, neither of us are having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schizomom91
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I WANT him to keep his. It's easier to reverse tubal litigation than it is vasectomy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)