Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does giving birth stink?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have never given birth, I adopted my DHs daughter. He said that when the mom delivered it was a putrid rotten smell. I said maybe she shit on the table, he said no- it was totallly different like rotten blood. I've also had some people tell me it hardly smells at all. SO which is it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
It was a very iron-y smell. I could see how someone would say it reeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Dan said ours never smelled. My sister smelled like rotting meat though. I threw up during it as her coach. Her husband had to leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I don't remember my first to smelling. With my 3rd however my fluid was infected and it smelled kinda bad like most infections do. Maybe she has something wrong with her that would cause the smell. Under normal conditions it should not smell bad.

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I don't remember any kind of smell at all.  Blood does have a smell to it, but it was not noticeable .  Maybe there was an infection that caused the horrible smell?

ZsMommy
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Every single human body is different. While they all have general similarities they all are completely different. Also different people are more sensitive to smells.Someone will notice another's scent moreso than the person themself or those close to them

Quoting Anonymous:

But see how some people say it does? I wonder why.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

4 births in hospitals and no rotten smells

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

That's what I was thinking. I have had my period (surprise!) 2 miscarriages and one abortion. SO i've experienced a fair share of smelling my own blood, unforunately DH has smelled the smell of these happening as well and never looked repulsed. Some people stink more?

Quoting N_maricle:

Well there is blood, so it's a bit similar to a period smell. It doesn't smell strongly though, unless there's an infection or something.

BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I dont remember a smell.

brittney28
by Brittney on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Smells like blood. Not rotten though
ACsLady
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

It has a smell, yes, but not in a bad way. It's earthy and deep and there is the smell of blood, but certainly not rotten, putrid blood. Birth has a fresh, heavy scent. It may not be as noticeable in the hospital in a big open room with the smell of so many chemicals overwhelming the smells of birth, but at home, in private, it's there. I notice it more myself after baby is born - the smell of the blood and my baby and all that. I've been at a few births though and there's a special smell in the air, just as there's a special energy in the room at birth. It's awesome.

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
No not at all
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)