Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does giving birth stink?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have never given birth, I adopted my DHs daughter. He said that when the mom delivered it was a putrid rotten smell. I said maybe she shit on the table, he said no- it was totallly different like rotten blood. I've also had some people tell me it hardly smells at all. SO which is it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (81-86):
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I smelled like body odor after but that was it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM

The smell of  blood is very strong to me, more so then I believe for others. It's a very strong iron smell that's incredibly pungent. I know others barely notice the slight scent of blood but for me it's very powerful. Maybe he's like that. 

smurfbitebug
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM
You know, I really didn't pay attention to any smells. But then again by the time they opened me up I was all jacked up haha and I had a c-section. So I'm sure that's not the same.
But really, I wouldn't think many people pay attention to smells. The reality of giving birth is much different than most expect it to be. Smells aren't something you really focus on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
My oldest had passed a lot of meconium during our long, stressful delivery. I was also on Iv antibiotics and vomiting from extreme pain. Yeah, I can only imagine the stench, my baby smelled weird, funky for a few days too.
Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Nope, no smells. What the hell? I have never heard of such a thing!

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I've had 3 and been in the room with 2 other women and it didn't smell, even the one that pooped. I've never heard that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN