Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to give custody back to my daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 303 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughter got pregnant at 15 years old and gave me guardianship of her son, willingly, because she wasn't able to handle it and school. Shes now 19 and Kaydan is 4. Kaydan knows that Alayna is his mom, and i'm grandma. For the first 2 years of Kaydan's life; Alayna was on hardcore drugs (marijuana) and anorexic. She was partying, being a wild out of control teenager. She met a man 2 years ago and straightend up her life. Shes lived with us the entire time tho. Now she is getting her own apartment and having another baby. Engaged and doing great. But she mentioned Kaydan moving back in with them...Not even asked. Just assumed that Kaydan would be moving in with them. I'm not okay with that. I understand biologically Kaydan is hers, but i've raised him for 4 years. He can know that Alayna is mommy but he needs to stay living with me. I haven't told her that Kaydan will not be moving in with them...However I am positive it will not go well. Shes already told Kaydan and got him all excited. I'm being selfish, but she has 20+ years of childbearing age. I can't have anymore and my youngest "baby" (aside from Kaydan) is 15.

I don't know if I can go about getting permanent guardianship (its currently temporary) or what...I just don't think its fair she pawns him off on me for four years and then comes back and says, hey...I want my kid back.

It's not how it works with adoption. I love my daughter and i'm glad shes doing better now, but Kaydan is mine and my husbands son. Any advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Bump
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
11 moms liked this
You are rediculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Id contact an attorney.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

you sound like my sil Karen, who did this to her dd Heather and her son Kaleb, give him back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
19 moms liked this

If she is stable she will most certainly regain custody. You haven't given any reason at all to strip her of her rights and adopt her son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
88 moms liked this
"Hardcore drugs marijuana" LMFAO
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
12 moms liked this
I could back you if your reasoning wasn't so strange. He's not your kid. If she's capable of taking care of him then you need to give him back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
11 moms liked this
He's not yours. I don't think he should just jump in to moving in with her, but your guardianship was temporary.
I'm sorry, but if she has her life together let her have her son, finish raising your youngest then go enjoy life, travel or something that having a young child prevents you from doing. If he knows she is mommy then what you're about to do will cause a lot of trouble for your grand baby and you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
15 moms liked this
He's not your son. He is hers. If she's cleaned up and has grown up it's her right. I understand your feelings but to fight this will cause problems for everyone. You, your daughter but mostly your grandson
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN