Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do this with your kids....

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 57 Replies

My DD is 8 and my DS is 6 and I still take them on car rides at times to get them to calm down before bed. My DH will be on a job and it will be just me and the kids and it is hard to get them to calm down at times to go to bed so I will put them in the car and go drive around on the country roads behind our neighborhood to see if they can see any wild animals. My kids love it and so do I and it calms them down before bed. We only do it on weekends so their not out to late. Would or do you do this with your kids to get them to calm down and just to get out for alittle while.

Not only does this help my kids calm down but it also helps me and my depression. It is not something we do every night or even every week. We can go one night and not go again for awhile. It gives me and my kids a chance to get out of the house and away from everything and have time with just us and it's something both my kids and I enjoy

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twicethemomjess
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I don't. If they fall asleep and I have to carry them in, they wake up and are 100% awake.
jaycam
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I get lucky there. I'll wake them up and theyy come inside and go right to bed.

Quoting twicethemomjess:

I don't. If they fall asleep and I have to carry them in, they wake up and are 100% awake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't intentionally take them on car rides to calm them down. I would do that with them as infants, but once they were out of that infant stage I encouraged self-soothing and coaxed them out of that dependency stage.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nah, I can't afford to waste gas like that.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
No. It would be a waste of gas. It's just not necessary. My kids fall asleep quick at bedtime.
CaliBeachBabies
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that is a lovely idea.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I might if I drove, yes.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
No don't do it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Yes. I enjoy just going for a drive. My son is two and we still do it when I'm about to rip my hair out. I can see doing that for as long as it worked. Plus it gives us some time to both settle down and enjoy each other.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Um no put them in their beds with books and let them read till they fall asleep. They're not babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)