Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She has called 13x this weekend...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 63 Replies

Backstory:

ds's grandmother had no contact for a year for various reasons, mainly she is nuts, cannot be trusted and has violated court orders multiple times.

I ran into her randomly in public (with ds with me), we subsequently met and talked.  I agreed to 2 visits, which went well, however she started up her weird boundary stuff right where she left off.  

I consulted with cas (like canadian cps) and they agreed that no contact was likely best, but left it to my descretion as to the final decision.

Grandma kinda went a bit weirdo and called cas and tried to request ds and I have a different worker (wtf?) and then made a formal complaint about our worker.  

I contacted our family lawyer (he is in charge of our estate, did my grandparents funeral stuff ect) and he sent her a letter saying at this time it was not in ds's best interest to continue visitation with her, but if she liked, she was welcome to leave her information with him and when ds was 16 the information would be kept safe for him should he ever request it.

Now:

I guess she received the letter.

She's called me 13x since yesterday.

*a restraining order is not possible.  

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM

ooo man... not cool. I'd just keep ignoring her. block her number something

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

If you take the battery out of the phone and someone calls me, it says that the number you are calling is out of service (i do not know why).  I was thinking of putting on fb tomorrow a status that said, my phone is out of order today but will be working monday, and leaving the battery out for the day.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Restraining order time.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Wow crazy
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM

It's def. worth a shot!

Quoting tardistraveller:

If you take the battery out of the phone and someone calls me, it says that the number you are calling is out of service (i do not know why).  I was thinking of putting on fb tomorrow a status that said, my phone is out of order today but will be working monday, and leaving the battery out for the day.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

it's so passive lol

I hate confrontation with her.  She just starts screaming at me in spanish.  I have no clue what she's saying, it's pointless and I don't want the drama.  The past year without her in our life has been so peaceful and happy.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

It's def. worth a shot!

Quoting tardistraveller:

Quoting ilovemykids323:

blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I would get a restraining order.
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I think restraining orders work differently in the states, but here you can't get a restraining order for phone calls.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Restraining order time.

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Quoting blue-heart:

I would get a restraining order.

I can't

cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You could have her number blocked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN