Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sneakers in the dryer?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

Our shoes got covered in mud today at the pumpkin patch. I washed them; they're clean now, but sopping wet. 

Can I put them in the dryer on a shoe rack or should I leave them to air dry?

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I saw a pin where they put the strings outside of the door and dried them that way. I have put them in the dryer its just super noisy so I throw blankets in there too. 

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

My dryer came with a shelf/rack thing, so they won't tumble around in the dryer, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to dry sneakers because of the heat. My mom always used to dry our shoes, but I'm not sure what to do. lol, I don't want to ruin them

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

I saw a pin where they put the strings outside of the door and dried them that way. I have put them in the dryer its just super noisy so I throw blankets in there too. 

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

They will take forever to air dry especially if you're looking to have them dry by tomorrow. Do you have a hair dryer? I'd use the hair dryer for a few minutes and then toss the shoes in a pillow case...or 5 and throw it in the dryer for awhile.

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM

It would be nice to have them dry by tomorrow, but I don't need to. We've got other shoes. 

If I toss them in the dryer, what heat setting should I use?

I've got high, medium, low, extra low and air fluff

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

They will take forever to air dry especially if you're looking to have them dry by tomorrow. Do you have a hair dryer? I'd use the hair dryer for a few minutes and then toss the shoes in a pillow case...or 5 and throw it in the dryer for awhile.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I'd go with medium if leather like, other wise I've never had a problem drying them on high
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Just go with medium. 

Quoting littlemonaghan:

It would be nice to have them dry by tomorrow, but I don't need to. We've got other shoes. 

If I toss them in the dryer, what heat setting should I use?

I've got high, medium, low, extra low and air fluff

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

NBean311
by Chivette on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I air dry them. The dryer seems to be hard on them. 

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

the tongue is leather and on the heel.

they look like this, just different color

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'd go with medium if leather like, other wise I've never had a problem drying them on high

Purple_Olive
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I put shoes in the dryer all the time :) just throw in a couple towels do it's not so noisy.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Those should be fine on high, they're similar to something one of my girls used to wear.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

the tongue is leather and on the heel.

they look like this, just different color

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)