Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell me how you met your

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Local friends? I moved to a new town and need some new friends fast! very bored without them.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Some through church and some by joining a moms' workout group on Meetup.com

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM

We travel a lot ( every few months) When you figure out how to make friends, let me know LOL! Been on the road for almost 2 yrs now, and I have not figured this out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
That's neat. I wish they had a meet up for my area . Thanks for ideas.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Some through church and some by joining a moms' workout group on Meetup.com

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
My husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Traveling is fun! Do you travel for work or pleasure?

Quoting fallenangel_353:

We travel a lot ( every few months) When you figure out how to make friends, let me know LOL! Been on the road for almost 2 yrs now, and I have not figured this out.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I still have friends from high school, or some people I worked with. My others well I got when I met my husband lol. I am really good friends with my husband's best friends wife.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM

What local friends? I have been here for five years and I don't have anyone I'd call a friend here. I have people I'd eat dinner with and have a laugh with, but none that I would talk about anything too personal with. Nothing is wrong with the friends I had to begin with.

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Traveling is fun! Do you travel for work or pleasure?

Quoting fallenangel_353:

Work :) My husband works for the union, (they build powerlines). We bought a large 5th wheel and have been traveling for a while. The only saving grace for us is that there are a few other families on his crew that travel in travel trailers as well. So we have a small homeschooling group. However, I would like to have outside friends sometimes :)

mamavalor
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Met them through my kids.  Either through school or activity related.  No worries.  You will find some. 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I met a good portion of my friends while I was in high school. I met my one of my best friends from an ex boyfriend at the time. I met my other best friend when same ex started dating her. Most of my friends I have met through my high school friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)