Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how can i get proof? Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
My 4 year old daughter came home and told me that her dad moved. In our custody agreement it states that if a parent moves they need to provide the other parent with their new address. Her father has not even told me he moved. How do I handle this? He and I do not have a good relationship so asking him out right is difficult for me.

ETA: I'm not supposed to grill dd on her time at dads house. I don't grill her but I do ask her if Sheehan fun at dads which leads to a one word answer so I then ask well what did you do? For the last few weeks she's been telling me she lives with daddy and this other woman. I'm going to try for full custody when she's in kindergarten cause her father is a very controlling and verbally abusive man. we HATES leaving with him. She screams that she wants to go with him. She tells me she doesn't like him. When any member of his family picks her up she's happy to go but not dad. I've finally found a way to get her to go without making a scene but now that they moved its stopped working.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM
14 moms liked this
Be a big girl and ask for his new address.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Suck it up and ask.  How else do you plan on finding anything out?

instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
This

Quoting liss.n.chris:

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this
If that agreement means anything and it's that important, you'll grow a pair and all him. Your other option is spend more money and get a lawyer to deal with it... Asking sounds more reasonable and cheaper.
rockgal81
by Steph on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You just need to suck it up and ask him. If you really can't, can you call his parents and find out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I already know he's just going to lie and say he still living with his mom. According to my daughter he is now living with his girlfriend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Just say "dd said you moved, can I get your new address". We just moved a week ago and honestly I have completely forgotten to get BM our address. It's just been so hectic and crazy, maybe he forgot too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Go by his last known address and if he answers say she thinks she left something behind and you came to get it.
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Is there a court order saying he can't live with a girlfriend?

Quoting Anonymous:

I already know he's just going to lie and say he still living with his mom. According to my daughter he is now living with his girlfriend

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SavdNSanctified
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM

This

Quoting liss.n.chris:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN