Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Amy I the only psycho parent who thinks this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If anyone wants to kidnap a kid, all they have to do is to go Main Event or Mr. Gattis or similar places on a Saturday afternoon... lots of unattended, unsupervised kids at birthday parties. It would be easy peasy for them to kidnap one or two. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

BS. If someone tried to grab my son from me I'd show them 50 Shades of Crazy. Their nightmares would seem like a happy place and Charles Manson would look like Mother Theresa when I got through with them. The only way they'd ever get him out of my arms is if they shot and killed me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know these places but it's ridiculous to think it couldn't happen anywhere.  You could be walking with your child and someone could grab and go - there is nothing you could do.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM
It's just over one hundred stereotypical type kidnappings a year. (by strangers) And most of those were teenagers.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Most kids are kidnaped by people they know from places their parents think are safe...like their backyard or a church event. 

Stranger danger paranoia is just that, paranoia.

ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Dont know what that is but they can kidnap kids anywhere ..
rockgal81
by Steph on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Well, a kid can be kidnapped from any public place. It only takes 2 seconds. 

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Lol I was just having this conversation with my friend the other day. They wouldn't realize there was a body until it either started rotting or they took it apart for the season. And with so many people walking through them they would probably never find the killer!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I always wondering about real murders in haunted houses. It would be so easy and no one wouls really suspect it. CREEPY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Yet, you rarely EVER hear of kidnapping cases at a BIRTHDAY party. ;) Elizabeth Smart was taken from her HOME. Jaycee Duggard was taken near her home at a bus stop. Adam Walsh was shopping with his mother. I don't worry about my kid being snatched from a birthday party.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Never heard of those places.
But maybe you should learn your statistics. It's extremely rare for a child to be snatched by a stranger in a public place. If your child is kidnapped, it's most likely someone you know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
EXACTLY. esp in outdoor areas. Not gonna lie I always have that panic moment where I go "omg what if he is real murderer and does not stop running at me with the chain saw!?"

Quoting abrine7673:

Lol I was just having this conversation with my friend the other day. They wouldn't realize there was a body until it either started rotting or they took it apart for the season. And with so many people walking through them they would probably never find the killer!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I always wondering about real murders in haunted houses. It would be so easy and no one wouls really suspect it. CREEPY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I really hope you don't make your kids afraid of strangers. Stranger danger is seriously misguided.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

or at a park, playing outside, at a mall, grocery store...anywhere.That is why you teach your kids stranger danger. I also tell my kids to stay away from people they do know if they want to give them a ride somewhere, because those are the people most likely to hurt them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Well...I guess I'm not the only paranoid one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)