Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am I wrong? *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
If I am let me know.
Sd lives with us full time. Typically bm sees sd on school breaks and resently bm has said she wants to start doing every other weekend with sd too. School is out Friday so dh told bm that she could get sd Thursday night after therapy. Therapy ends at 6. Bm and sd would get home about 9. Bm says that's late. Dh told me I should cancel therapy. I told him I cancelled 2wks ago for sd to get glasses and I don't want to do it again. We have a really good therapy time there are a few kids on waiting list whom I know would love this time so I don't want to cancel too many appts or we might look loose the spot. Dh told bm that she could meet sds therapist and thatd be good for bm. Which I think is great because sd has been seeing the therapist once a week for 2 yrs with minor exceptions which include visitation time during the summer. So it's nice that bm will get to finally meet the therapist. However dh still thinks I'm wrong and should cancel the therapy. What do u think I want to be fair to sd but I don't know which is more fair.

So bm is meeting me there an hr before therapy ends. She is going to meet the therapist. I'm wondering if she's coming at 5 should I just go afterwards. My dd is coming home from camp tonight at 6 so I'd like to get their early instead of having my mom do it. However I don't want bm to feel weird and I am a little worried she will try to get sd out of speech therapy early.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

while Bio is there, see if they can switch to a time when she can take her. Otherwise I wouldnt change it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Therapy starts at 4 and school lets out at 320. So I can't switch it. I actually think its better this way. She gets to meet the therapist. I know she won't get home until about 9 but I don't really see the big deal in that. Sd is 9 and on wkends she typically stays up until 10-1030. So its not that big of a deal really.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

while Bio is there, see if they can switch to a time when she can take her. Otherwise I wouldnt change it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Bump
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't cancel therapy - if it wasn't important she wouldn't be going.
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM
This

Quoting anotherhalf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I think you should let the parents actually be the parents, you're the step mom , stay out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Do u really think 9 is that late to get somewhere on a weekend when ur not going anywhere the next day?

Quoting jb0520:

This

Quoting anotherhalf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I agree with you... i think bm should meet therapist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Well dh has to work nights so I'm incharge of therapies and bm picking sd up. So I'm in charge of canceling or not. I really don't want to I think this is better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should let the parents actually be the parents, you're the step mom , stay out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM

bm & dad are parents you're just a glorified babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well dh has to work nights so I'm incharge of therapies and bm picking sd up. So I'm in charge of canceling or not. I really don't want to I think this is better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)