Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

major problem with america is... *Edit*

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 61 Replies
2 moms liked this
The lack of importance placed on family and community. I don't understand it. I don't understand ppl who have issues with their own family, with their inlaws, or with step parents. I don't understand people that do not support their community, who don't shop locally owned stores when possible, that don't donate to the schools, that just are not active in their communities at all. I don't understand where this idea of, it's not me or my kids, or my blood relative so I don't care, came from. I just don't get. And I judge these ppl. I have little respect for them. I would still help them if they needed it and I was able, but I wouldn't go out of my way for them. Those ppl to me seem empty. They seem selfish and completely out of touch with reality.

*EDIT*
I'm putting this here because ppl seem to be getting upset and not reading replies, and that was not my intention.

I didn't explicitly outline all of the legitimate reasons for not speaking to family or participating in the community because I thought it was common sense. If your family is abusive or does drugs, of course you shouldn't talk to them. If you don't have extra money or time, then don't donate or volunteer. I was speaking about the amount of selfishness and individualism in this country. It's just as bad as entitlement. Communitites ran much more smoothly and relied less on the government when we had stronger families and communities.
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I judge people who can't spell people correctly.
IhartU
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Seems like the generation born in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's have this sense of entitlement, lack of work ethic and arrogant selfish attitude that I don't believe we've seen before here in the US. Why is that?

Interesting to think about...

.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
ha!
Quoting LadyVoldemort:

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Lol, it happens. 

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
4 moms liked this

The family dynamic was purposely dismantled by the media/government. Read up on it. True story. It's easier for the gov to own/control people when families are broken apart and it's every man for himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Family issues are none of your business, not everybody has a good family. And why do you pay attention to where people shop?

Risks come with helping people, which is why I do it cautiously.  If you don't see the risks, you are the one out of touch with reality.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmao! :)

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't speak to hardly any of my family, because they're bad people and toxic. Best part, I don't care who judges me for it.

ETA: As far as locally owned stores and donating, some people simply don't have the money to do so. I guess in short, you're really just a stuck up snob, who looks down on others. Like we need more of you in this world or something *eyeroll*

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe their own famuily and/or inlaws are assholes?  What's not to understand?

Maybe they have to take care of their own needs and don't have the desire or ability to participate in their community?

You seem out of touch with reality to me.

I shouldn't have to interact with people I don't know, like or want in my life.  Why would I do that?

How ridiculous.

Sweetie1216
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

This exactly!

We could be related.. LOL :)) 

Quoting The.Last.Rebel:

I don't speak to hardly any of my family, because they're bad people and toxic. Best part, I don't care who judges me for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)