Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I may have just broken my toe and it'd DH's fault

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just complaining to my sister yesterday that the house it a mess and part of it is because DH collects thing like Hot Wheels and certain collectible action figures.  We do NOT have the room for this shit all over the place.  It wouldn't be so bad, but he also gets equipment delivered daily for his work.  I have talked to him, asked nicely, yelled not so nicely, but there are boxen of stuff everywhere.  I mean, on the front porch, on the back porch- in his storage shelf unit I got specifically for his work equipment, in another two large storage bins, on a steel shelving rack, on a plastic shelving rack, and on a table that he set up for inventory and never folded back down.  There are empty boxes, too.  I am just completely fed up with this shit everywhere.  It's so exhausting to look at or try to clean around.  It takes me forever to do laundry because all I have left is a narrow trail to the laundry room.  I clean it up and clear it out and within a week, it is back to a mess again.  I don't even know how he does that.  Well, today was the final fuking straw.

I was trying to sweep under the couch, since it sits partly on tile.  The whole couch had been moved back, so I moved it forward to get it in the right spot and then I was in between the couch and couch table.  The couch table is about two feet high with boxes and a few candles from when the power went out a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't even realize that we hadn't put the candles up because they were hiding among the boxes next to the couch.  I bumped the table and BAM! a Large heavy glass candle right on my big toe!  That's it, I am done!  I am taking back control of my house.  It is MINE and he no longer has a say in what goes anywhere. 

He just got home and although he is very sorry for what happened, I think he is thinking this will all blow over in a day or two.  He actually had the nerve to be pissed off when some of his collectible stuff was found on the table just now.  He tried telling me he had it put up.  I yelled that putting it on top of the printer is NOT put up.  I. AM. DONE!

Vent over.

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (11-12):
opal10161973
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I would if there were multiple toes, but not just the one.  I'll be fine, in about 6-8 weeks.  LOL 

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I'm sure you did! I know I did. I didn't see bruising until the next day and then it was a lovely shade of purple. They really don't do anything with broken toes anyway so i don't think it is always worth going for an x-ray. I did because there were so many toes involved and I wanted to make sure I didn't do something else to my actual foot in to process.

Quoting opal10161973:

I cried out loud for almost 10 minutes.  It was throbbing so bad.  It's not bruised or anything, but it is swollen.  It's hard to tell toe fractures sometimes, unless you get an Xray and I don't think this is Xray worthy.  I'll just limp it along until it heals. 

Quoting KyliesMom5:

i feel your pain. I broke 3 toes a few years ago when somebody left their hand weight on the hallway floor. My ex-husband was never quite that bad but I was pissed when that happened.

opal10161973
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I was putting it all in boxes and putting it on his side of the bed.  Right now, there are two boxes there and the last time I did that, he complained that I bent the corner of one of them.  I told him it was his fault for leaving them everywhere.  Now, we have so much, it won't fit there anymore.  I could just scream from aggravation. 

Quoting sahmommyoftwo:

Ouch... I broke the middle toe on my right foot about 3 weeks ago. There's not much you can do for it except tape it to the toe next to it and limp along, like you said. That is ridiculous though. I'm surprised you haven't already moved his stuff! I would have thrown stuff away if he wouldn't get rid of it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN