Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else a sahm because....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
3 moms liked this
They love not working??? And playing with their kids all day? And naps in the middle of the day??

I would hate to work. Knew I was gonna be a sahm for as long as I can remember!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You must only have one lol what's a nap???? And no I like working. I will go back when my youngest is in school
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

No. I became a SAHM because I was homebound. Now that I'm not I stay home because I'd never see my husband if I did go back to work.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM
No I love what I do and worked very hard to get here. I stayed home for 6 years, didn't like it that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't get naps :(
But yeah. Partly.
I feel its important for a parent to be home with the kids, and since I am the only parent who lactates, I win!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM
4 moms liked this
What is this nap that you speak of? And where can I find one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I don't recall napping when I stayed home. Playing ALL DAY would drive me batty. :p

sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

because i  have 5 kids and thats a full time job..if ur nappin your not doing it right.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I wish I was but not for those reasons. I want to homeschool some of my kids (4 kids in school one in preK, I would homeschool 2 of the ones in school). I hate missing soccer games for my 17yo because I have to deal with all the after school stuff of my other kids (since they can't seem to take responsibility & do it after school & instead wait until I get home from work). If I was able to help them get it done right after school they would have more time before & after dinner for free play or after school activities. And I could make it to DS's games.

BTW I forgot to mention I'm single so I have no choice but to work. Plus side is I work for a daycare & have been there for 6 years so I get a good discount on childcare for the 2 that are in daycare (the 10yo is in before school care only & then the 4yo is all day preK there at the center).

mommyoflittles
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Naps during the day? I am a sahm to 2 and even sick i never got naps. Theres house work, food shopping, classes for the kids, play dates etc. how do you have time to nap? I am on here while folding laundry and its like a break lol

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Nap?! I wish! But yeah I hated working. So glad I don't have to atm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)