Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why be mean to those working and living in income based housing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
??? is it just because its a form of PA? or because you assume they are on other asst. which not all are....
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I do not.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'm not mean to anyone.

firebird78
by mystic moon on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I don't see any reason to
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I'm not mean to them but I know how most of them are. They live in free housing, get free food, bills paid free yet they somehow have money to go blow at top notch eating establishments, get nails done every week, etc.

How the hell do they get so much and supposably have so little, hence the free housing, etc?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I never knew income based housing was a form of Public Assistance. I mean, places that insist you make 3x the rent amount- isn't that considered income based housing also?? But that's not welfare.
So why is housing that says you can only make a certain amount considered Public Assistance? There are no tax breaks, no utility discounts, and most places are more expensive and smaller than places that aren't income based. I don't get why it's considered a form of Welfare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I'm not talking free housing. I said income based housing. so there rent is based on income and a lot of them have min caps... our min cap is $326. we don't get free food. we pay for our own.... we pay our own utilities and all other bills our self. our rent is just cheaper then most places. (30% of our income)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not mean to them but I know how most of them are. They live in free housing, get free food, bills paid free yet they somehow have money to go blow at top notch eating establishments, get nails done every week, etc.

How the hell do they get so much and supposably have so little, hence the free housing, etc?
mandy_2536
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I live in low income housing.
I don't eat out we cook every meal at home
I don't own a cell phone we have a land line
I pay all our bills and work damn hard to do it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Income housing in my area is pretty much FREE housing. Everyone that lives in those apartments have everything given to me. I'm not aware of any other type of low income housing as my area has nothing else but the above.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not talking free housing. I said income based housing. so there rent is based on income and a lot of them have min caps... our min cap is $326. we don't get free food. we pay for our own.... we pay our own utilities and all other bills our self. our rent is just cheaper then most places. (30% of our income)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
That isn't true for everyone though, I live in income based housing. It was the only place with a 2bdrm apartment when we needed to move asap.
We can't make more than 1500 a month, we pay the full amount for all our bills- no discounts or freebies, we pay 450 a month for food- no foodstamps, and we pay the full amount for rent each month- no coupons or discounts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Not my place to judge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured