Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever have a wedding or honeymoon disaster?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this
This was ours. Week before wedding DH came down with a severe virus. He was in extreme pain and barely made it through the rehearsal. He couldn't make it to the dinner and ended up sitting at the table by myself. Day before wedding
AF came heavy and full force at that. I had just finished treatment for endometriosis with Lupron and had no clue when my cycle would start. So couldn't wear the lingerie I bought for my wedding night. Sex was limited to the bathroom and it looked like a murder scene after. Sorry tmi. It lasted the whole week long honeymoon cruise as well. Church caught on fire during the ceremony and church had to be evacuated as we were saying our vows. Then my car battery went dead as we were leaving our honeymoon. From accidentally leaving the lights on. It sat a week like that in the cruise terminal parking lot. The parking lot attendant had to jump us. Anyone else have any horror stories to share?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a bridesmaid go into labor seven weeks early the morning of the wedding

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM

The night before my wedding my 17 year old brother got arrested for fighting in a gas station parking lot with his psycho GF at the time. My flower girl got an allergic reaction to an egg roll, and spent most of the evening in the ER. At 9 am the day of my wedding, my dad bailed my brother out of jail, and my flower girl had some red swollen eyes.

The wedding went very well though. :)

4weeman
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I had a beautiful wedding, but my bridesmaids got into a huge fight and we were asked to leave.
meg0620
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Someone like this, I want to read funny stories :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Thanks for sharing. Anyone else?
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
My older sister was my maid of honor. She didnt show up to my wedding. My mom had her dress since she picked it up from the seamstress for her so we threw it on my cousins girlfriend so that my wedding party wouldn't be off balance. I maid my cousin my maid of honor an hour before the wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Wow I would of been upset. We did have a groomsmen who backed out our wedding but we were able to find a replacement.

Quoting tntmomof2:

My older sister was my maid of honor. She didnt show up to my wedding. My mom had her dress since she picked it up from the seamstress for her so we threw it on my cousins girlfriend so that my wedding party wouldn't be off balance. I maid my cousin my maid of honor an hour before the wedding.

mlpcrusader
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Nothing happened here thankfully
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Bump
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Oh I was!!! I didn't talk to her after that for almost 3 years. She gave me zero notice. Just didnt show up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I would of been upset. We did have a groomsmen who backed out our wedding but we were able to find a replacement.

Quoting tntmomof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)