Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My family doesnt think we should have another baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH and I have a 4yr old and a 2 yr old. He graduates from college in one year. He currently works and goes to school. He makes 5k on a BAD month, I make around 2-3k a month working from home. We own a home, have two reliable vehicles, and two extra rooms. DH cheated on me a year ago. It was hard to move past it but our relationship is stronger than it ever was before. We still go to couples therapy once a month to have a 'safe' place to talk and whatnot. We are doing really well and hardly ever fight. DH and I have been having baby fever. We want to TTC #3 when he graduates. We will have amazing insurance and wont have to pay a dime out of pocket. Our oldest will be in school and it will just be the youngest home with me while im pregnant, then she will start a pre k program around the time the baby is born.

My mom and my grandma keep telling me NOOOOOO and hassling me about not doing it and its a bad idea etc etc. Im not sure how my MIL feels about it, shes always wanted more grand babies. I know my  FIL and my other MIL (DH's step mom of 30 years) would be all for it though.

Would you have another baby in my situation? My mom and grandmas reasoning is "What if he cheats again and you divorce". Honestly, I want more children. I dont think he will cheat again, but even if for some dumb reason he decided to then I wouldnt want kids with another man. I want my children to all have the same father. And I have always wanted three children. I DO NOT think he will cheat again as he was very remorseful when he cheated and came clean the very next day. It will be almost two years since that incident that we TTC again.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

If I wanted one, yes. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell them to keep their nose out of my marriage. That is a decision between you and your husband, only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

DH and I both want one. He was the one who got me thinking about it actually.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

If I wanted one, yes. 

AlleyCat08
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

If it is what you and dh want, do it. To hell with what others may think

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Then do it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

DH and I both want one. He was the one who got me thinking about it actually.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

If I wanted one, yes. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
If u have both moved past it then its your call. Not your parents business anyways
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I really regret ever telling anyone about the affair. I feel like they will never take our marriage seriously ever again and just hold it over my head when we go to make big decisions. I honestly felt like my world was ending though and they were the people I trusted most to tell. I didnt tell a lot of people,

Quoting outtamymynd:

I would tell them to keep their nose out of my marriage. That is a decision between you and your husband, only.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

If I wanted another child I would not care what anyone else said. Unless of course it was a Dr saying NO for medical reasons. Go have your baby. stop listening to the nay sayers.

prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
It sounds like you got everything in place to welcome another baby so why not! You can't predict the future so live life as if it so be great
KGreen75
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I would wait a minimum of 2 years out from an affair to start trying for another baby.

The first year out from an affair is called the "honey moon" phase for a reason and you need to make sure that things will remain on track.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN