Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamps and Gov assistance UPDATE PLEASE READ

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 241 Replies
5 moms liked this
I can not understand or agree with families who are on either and take advantage of this. I understand if you really need the help and trying to get off of it . However when people use this has an easy way out that's wrong . Get out look for a job any job is better than nothing . At least you are trying. If you can't afford cable, vacation , high price clothes then down grade, don't use our tax Money to your advantage Okay growing up I grew up poor.My mom and dad worked but still we were living pay check to pay check. We didnt have a home phone all the time because we couldnt afford to pay the bill.My brothers and I shopped thirfty when it came to clothes and shoes. When it came to food my mom was good at stretching a dollar.She would make pinto beans for one night then the next night add fried potatoes and cornbread with it etc that meal would last us almost 5 days(LEFT OVERS).We didnt have cable. We had a shitty car but it took us where we needed to go.My paretns not once stood in line asking for food,money etc instead we as a family cut corners and cost.I believe they tought us to work hard in order to get what you need and if you dont have the money dont have your hands out.Simple as that.I am so glad our state is starting to drug test people who want or need FS or assistance.Hey if you can afford drugs or beer you can afford to buy your own food or some kind of bill.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Blah blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
7 moms liked this

Lol. We don't have cable. We never go on vacation. We have a basic cell phone plan (no smart phones) and we have internet because I need it for school and can work from home when the kids are sick if I have it. Both DH and I work full time. I go to school full time. It's not a forever thing. It's a help for right now but is far, far too humiliating to ever become a lifestyle choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Bite me

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM
18 moms liked this

Holy shit, I've never heard anything like this on this site before! You're such an original, forward thinking individual. *swoon*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Blah blah must mean u could give 2 shits where your tax money goes or who takes a
Advantage of the system . ✌️

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Blah blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
So what if you are in school bettering yourself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly what i was going to reply
Quoting Anonymous:

Holy shit, I've never heard anything like this on this site before! You're such an original, forward thinking individual. *swoon*

kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
What do you consider government assistance?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
You think she pays taxes?

Quoting Anonymous:

Blah blah must mean u could give 2 shits where your tax money goes or who takes a

Advantage of the system . ✌️

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Blah blah blah.
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

been done before

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)