Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Monthly budget EDIT for the judgmental bashers edit again EDIT #3 Final edit

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For the bashers of us being on PA

We don't need anything and that is all that counts. And DDs doesn't want for anything. Try explaining to you child why the pet they love is gone. And tell your husband he can't have the things he works for. Its 103.00 a month, which hubby more than pays for with taxes from his pay check.

700.00 rent

85.00 electricity

110.00 phone/cable/internet

33.00 health insurance

31.00 life insurance

16.00 renters insurance

300.00 heat(10 months out of the year)

100.00 pets

The rest of our 2000.00 goes for everything we need, we have no extras and get 70.00 a month for food stamps. We are a family of three. I feel like we are doing pretty damn good.

Hubby and I have not bought any clothing/shoes/or personal items since being on PA that wasn't thrift or consignment, which is 2 years.

Last cloths shopping for DD was 150.00, we pay 25.00 a month co-pays for meds, 6-6.50 for one way cab fair to appointments we can't walk to( two or three a month for hubby's medical needs), household cleaners we spend 25.00 a month, I cut DH and DDs hair I don't get my hair done. With all of this added up as well as adding in roughly 400.00 for food we have nothing left over.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (301-309):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
There is no reason good enough to drive without insurance. It will cost you a lot more in a long run and it's ILLEGAL!

Quoting wolfybaby:

i cant believe people judge others without knowing an ounce about them or their current situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't believe people actually drive without insurance.

Quoting wolfybaby:

good for you! i would love to ditch my car and live a life free of carbon footprint. but unfortunately i am not able to do so. i dont live in a huge city, but im also not going to walk a mile to the store to get groceries with a 2-year-old and another on the way. so, giant gas-guzzling sedan it is. at least its a very safe model in the event of a car accident. on the down side, id be screwed because i cant afford insurance [and before anyone balks and calls me irresponsible, i drive only when necessary.. sometimes we have to do what we gotta do].

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have or need a car. We walk everywhere.

Quoting wolfybaby:

no car insurance? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Then get rid of the extras. If you need help with food you absolutely should not have all the extras they have.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing dishonest about her receiving the food stamps, as long as she fills out the application truthfully.  If you have children and  are living on a tight budget, you would be foolish to turn down free food.

Quoting Anonymous:

She could be honest and decide she did not need them. There is no law that says just because you can you have to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of you are very judgmental.  So what, she has a damn dog?  She receives 70 bucks in foodstamps, so that means everyone else can tell her how she should spend her money?  As much as you all would love that, that's not the way things work.  Even if she did get rid of the dog and the internet and whatever the hell else, the income would be the same, so she'd still get the foodstamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

It does not sound to me like she has a lot of extras.  They don't even have a car!    She sounds quite frugal, if you ask me.  The only "extra " is the dog.  I don't expect she give away their beloved family pet to justify 70 dollars in foodstamps that she qualify for anyhow.  If they choose to spend that 100 dollars on the pet instead of clothes, hair cuts, or gasoline...that is her right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then get rid of the extras. If you need help with food you absolutely should not have all the extras they have.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing dishonest about her receiving the food stamps, as long as she fills out the application truthfully.  If you have children and  are living on a tight budget, you would be foolish to turn down free food.

Quoting Anonymous:

She could be honest and decide she did not need them. There is no law that says just because you can you have to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of you are very judgmental.  So what, she has a damn dog?  She receives 70 bucks in foodstamps, so that means everyone else can tell her how she should spend her money?  As much as you all would love that, that's not the way things work.  Even if she did get rid of the dog and the internet and whatever the hell else, the income would be the same, so she'd still get the foodstamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Cable and internet as well. That could be cut and there would be no need for food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

It does not sound to me like she has a lot of extras.  They don't even have a car!    She sounds quite frugal, if you ask me.  The only "extra " is the dog.  I don't expect she give away their beloved family pet to justify 70 dollars in foodstamps that she qualify for anyhow.  If they choose to spend that 100 dollars on the pet instead of clothes, hair cuts, or gasoline...that is her right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

She could get rid of them.  She would still qualify for the fs and would still be foolish to turn them down.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Cable and internet as well. That could be cut and there would be no need for food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
If they can live without them, why do they need to apply?

Quoting Anonymous:

She could get rid of them.  She would still qualify for the fs and would still be foolish to turn them down.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I would use food stamps before cutting my cable and Internet!

wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM
going to the store 5 minutes [driving] to get very necessary groceries isnt a good enough reason? or in the case of last night when my partner was having an asthma attack that his inhaler wasnt fixing and he had to go to urgent care.. thats not a good enough reason? let me know when i can afford to buy car insurance over buying diapers and shoes for my kid and ill consider getting it.
Quoting Anonymous:

There is no reason good enough to drive without insurance. It will cost you a lot more in a long run and it's ILLEGAL!

Quoting wolfybaby:

i cant believe people judge others without knowing an ounce about them or their current situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't believe people actually drive without insurance.

Quoting wolfybaby:

good for you! i would love to ditch my car and live a life free of carbon footprint. but unfortunately i am not able to do so. i dont live in a huge city, but im also not going to walk a mile to the store to get groceries with a 2-year-old and another on the way. so, giant gas-guzzling sedan it is. at least its a very safe model in the event of a car accident. on the down side, id be screwed because i cant afford insurance [and before anyone balks and calls me irresponsible, i drive only when necessary.. sometimes we have to do what we gotta do].

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have or need a car. We walk everywhere.

Quoting wolfybaby:

no car insurance? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM

You don't pay taxes.

My health insurance is $1600 a month.  Where do you get real non-government supplemented health insurance for $33/month?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)