Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anyone else on here who...........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

has no memory of their mom (or dad) or any other grown-up other than a teacher ever reading a book to you? EVER?

I don't think my parents ever read to me! Nor did I ever go to library storytime -I didn't know it exisited acutally until just recently!

I remember teachers reading at school, and I remember the school library reading to the class, but that is about it.

It's sad because I think I would have been a totally different person/student had I had a better influence in my life.

And, NO, I didn't grow up in a lwo income home. More middle class.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
teal_phoenix
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Yes, my dad. I remember him reading a book with Oscar The Grouch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
My mother never read to me that I can remember. I too, only remember teachers reading to me.
But we were very low income and my mother resented my birth. So.....

Quoting Anonymous:

has no memory of their mom (or dad) or any other grown-up other than a teacher ever reading a book to you? EVER?

I don't think my parents ever read to me! Nor did I ever go to library storytime -I didn't know it exisited acutally until just recently!

I remember teachers reading at school, and I remember the school library reading to the class, but that is about it.

It's sad because I think I would have been a totally different person/student had I had a better influence in my life.

And, NO, I didn't grow up in a lwo income home. More middle class.

rosewind13
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM

My mom read to us all the time. I remember my dad doing it on occasion, too. 

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM
I have no memories of it. But I know my parents did because we have videos and photos of it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured