Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need a new couch, tell me about yours

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 40 Replies
5 years ago we bought a new couch we spent a good chunk of change on it buying from a locally owned business. The guy talked us into micro fiber and by the end of month 3 I hated it. It stains like crazy and now the fabric on the seats is starting to rip.
What I'm looking for is something that is durable easy to clean and can stand up to 5 kids 3 dogs a cat and a husband.
I try to keep the dogs down but I know they get in the couch when I'm not home. Luckily the cat doesn't scratch the furniture.
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I have a microfiber and a cotton

I hate the microfiver couch. The cat and dog hair sticks to it. It stains. It sucks.

I say cotton
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I hate the micro fiber with a passion HATE IT! I was so pissed when I noticed the damn thing ripping. Also never again will I get a couch with seat cusions that don't come off.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I have a microfiber and a cotton

I hate the microfiver couch. The cat and dog hair sticks to it. It stains. It sucks.

I say cotton
horseap
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I HAAAAATE microfiber.  Its crap.  We had ours for Ill just say forever and eventually all the soft fuzzy wore off and it turned into this glassy leathery surface.  HATE IT.  The couch we just got is a sectional.  I didnt want one at because our living room is small and I dont like when they are in two pieces but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it-them whatever.  It is broken in two right now but it works.  The one piece looks like a couch and the other like a lounge and love seat had a baby.  The pillows come off the back so when hubby or one of the kids and I want to cuddle there we can.  There actually is room for two grown people to lay comfortably!  I have no idea what to call what its made out of.  Its not upholstery, but it cleans up very well whatever it is.  I have had pillows made out of the same stuff.  We have three kids 7 5 and 2 and we have a dog who likes to sneak on the couch. Im not at home so this is the best I could get of color and texture. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM
We have a quilt folded under the cushions and we can still feel the posts when we sit on it. One arm is busted in and I have to shove a pillow in so DD doesn't get stuck. It is a piece of crap but we can't afford something new.
blue.chairs
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Leather. Wipe that baby down, no stains.

I'll NEVER own microfiber again. Hated it.
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Idk I hate my couch....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I was thinking leather my only worry is that I live in southern ca and have no ac:/

Quoting blue.chairs:

Leather. Wipe that baby down, no stains.

I'll NEVER own microfiber again. Hated it.
stargaze281
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I have leather couches for 7 years do far and they still going strong but there are a few areas that look worn out though. I do like leather over fabric couches.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Don't get faux leather from Ashley furniture.  We bought an expensive sectional in faux leather 2 years ago, and this f***ing couch is falling apart.  We are pretty pissed about it, ha ha, we were just talking about it. 

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Get leather, real leather not the fake crap. My leather sofas I got from my mom were $1900 each. Between the both of us, we have had them for 9+ years and they look brand new. All spills just wipe off, my mom had two large dogs and a cat, no damage at all. Btw we got the sofas at Scandinavian Designs, high quality and long lasting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)