Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion is a lie.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 450 Replies
5 moms liked this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE

*EDIT*...GOD is NOT a lie...I believe in God. I just do not follow any specific religion or believe in any specific God depicted in any religion. Religion is what I think is a lie. I believe in a higher power.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I've seen that before on youtube. More people should watch it. =) It's a good video.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Agreed. It is very informative and really sheds some light on how religion came into existence. I wish all religious people would watch this so they know what they actually believe in...

Quoting Anonymous:

I've seen that before on youtube. More people should watch it. =) It's a good video.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I was raised Catholic and it wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I really started to question religion. I saw the video "The God Who Wasn't There" and that video really started my process of learning more about religion and really questioning it.

I remember being so surprised to learn that many other deities (who came before the story of Jesus) all had the same story: born of a virgin, had 12 disciples, 3 kings, born on dec 25th...ect..

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed. It is very informative and really sheds some light on how religion came into existence. I wish all religious people would watch this so they know what they actually believe in...

Quoting Anonymous:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM
19 moms liked this
Um nope my God is very real. Not a lie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of that, I may check it out. Yeah, it was a shock to me to find that out as well. It's just so ironic how different religions look down uon each other when really they are all pretty much one in the same.

Many of my family members are extremely religious and therefore VERY opposed to astrology/horoscopes. They literally think it's demonic...yet that is where their religion and everything they stand for comes from. I wish they would watch this but they wouldn't dare.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raised Catholic and it wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I really started to question religion. I saw the video "The God Who Wasn't There" and that video really started my process of learning more about religion and really questioning it.

I remember being so surprised to learn that many other deities (who came before the story of Jesus) all had the same story: born of a virgin, had 12 disciples, 3 kings, born on dec 25th...ect..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Tay06
Egg filling time!
Today at 1:52 AM
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm still trying to explain to my mother that religion was created by people.  She can't seem to get it.  She's not religious, but she was raised in a religious environment.  I keep telling her religion was only created to explain things people of the past (and now the present) can't understand, but it's just not getting through her thick skull.  I don't know how she reasons that religion has always been in existance.  They know when humans first learned how to make a fire.  How would they not know how to make a fire, but they would know about an invisible man in the sky?  Oh yeah, I forgot, God "talks" to people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I used to think so too. But now I beg to differ. Were you raised to believe in god?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Um nope my God is very real. Not a lie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM
4 moms liked this
I beg to differ god is very much real
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Once I started doing my own research I realized that and it all made sense to me so easily. Some people just don't understand what seems to be so obvious.

Quoting Tay06:

I'm still trying to explain to my mother that religion was created by people.  She can't seem to get it.  She's not religious, but she was raised in a religious environment.  I keep telling her religion was only created to explain things people of the past (and now the present) can't understand, but it's just not getting through her thick skull.  I don't know how she reasons that religion has always been in existance.  They know when humans first learned how to make a fire.  How would they not know how to make a fire, but they would know about an invisible man in the sky?  Oh yeah, I forgot, God "talks" to people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM

May I ask what makes you believe that?

Quoting Anonymous:

I beg to differ god is very much real

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured