Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
About 2 days ago my head started itching like crazy. It got so bad that I had my husband look at my head to see if he could find the cause. I had freaking lice. I then checked my husband and kids. My husband and daughter didn't have it, but my 2 sons did. My oldest son then tells me that several kids in his class had it. Great!! So glad the school informed us!! Anyway, I just shaved my son's heads. No big deal, it'll grow back. Their lice was gone. I sanitized my whole house and went and bought lice shampoo for myself. I used it EXACTLY per box instructions, but still had an itchy head. My husband checked and sure enough I still had it. After 4 failed attempts, I just dumped the bottle of shampoo over my head and massaged it into my scalp and let it set for about 20 minutes. I think it worked, but I'm going to have my husband check again tomorrow just to make sure.

Does anyone here have experience with lice? How do I ensure that it's gone?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Are you combing out the nits?
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I always just use a white vinegar rinse and use a lice comb to pull out the knits. I had them several times as a kid and as an adult because I worked in a daycare center.

mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't just use the shampoo you have to comb out the dead and semi dead ones and the nits to be sure it's gone.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Put tea tree oil in your shampoo. Just a few drops. Bag up all stuffed animals and wash blankets in hot water. Head lice is hard to get rid of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Yes. My husband does it every time I shampoo it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you combing out the nits?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM
So I would just shampoo with white vinegar?

Quoting RandiBear:

I always just use a white vinegar rinse and use a lice comb to pull out the knits. I had them several times as a kid and as an adult because I worked in a daycare center.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I do. Well, my husband does it for me.

Quoting mattsgirl22521:

You can't just use the shampoo you have to comb out the dead and semi dead ones and the nits to be sure it's gone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

I am dealing with the same thing but I have no one to go through my hair aside from my oldest DD!!! So frustrating!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Get this...Nit Free Terminator Lice Comb, Professional Stainless Steel Louse and Nit Comb for Head Lice Treatment, Removes Nits and have someone comb your head every other day for 2 weeks. Spray head with vinegar as you comb (supposed to help nits come off). Good Luck. I've been there and it sucks :( Sorry. I used this after the shampoo, the combs you get in the boxes suck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM
I already washed pretty much everything we own in hot water. I'll try tea tree oil. Thank you!!

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Put tea tree oil in your shampoo. Just a few drops. Bag up all stuffed animals and wash blankets in hot water. Head lice is hard to get rid of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)