Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Writers block

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

I have had writers block for over a year now!! I have been writing poetry, short stories and lyrics since I was about 10. No idea why I have not been able to write anything! 

Any ideas of what I can do to start writing again?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I usually go for a long walk and listen to inspirational music ("a fine frenzy" for me) and start writing whenever I feel inspired.

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

copperked
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:03 AM
There is a book called "If You Can Talk, You Can Write" where the author describes just sittinng down and writing everything that comes to mind, basically, until you find a topic and some clarity. It helped me with essays in jr high and high school.
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I do that all the time and it used to help when I would not know what to write about. I will look into that book.

Quoting copperked:

There is a book called "If You Can Talk, You Can Write" where the author describes just sittinng down and writing everything that comes to mind, basically, until you find a topic and some clarity. It helped me with essays in jr high and high school.

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM

The walk may work. I haven't been out in the woods in a long time. Could be part of the reason. I normally go on a hike alone at least once a month. Just haven't had time.

Quoting zeenah:

I usually go for a long walk and listen to inspirational music ("a fine frenzy" for me) and start writing whenever I feel inspired.

ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I'm going through the same thing myself! Uuugh It's probably pregnancy related or at least I hope...
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Ever tried NaNoWriMo? It's coming up next month.
tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Well I know I'm not prego lol

Quoting ToniTennille:

I'm going through the same thing myself! Uuugh It's probably pregnancy related or at least I hope...

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:10 AM

No idea what it is lol

Quoting slashteddy:

Ever tried NaNoWriMo? It's coming up next month.

SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I had writers block for a while around 2010 I think it was... Or before... Something like that... Anyways, what helped is my friend and I started doing little challenges for one another. We'd think of titles for one another and then we'd write a story or poem for that title. Now I usually just use booze, music or hang with my friends and the thoughts come flooding in haha

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Music and pot usually help me lol

Quoting SinaiJ:

I had writers block for a while around 2010 I think it was... Or before... Something like that... Anyways, what helped is my friend and I started doing little challenges for one another. We'd think of titles for one another and then we'd write a story or poem for that title. Now I usually just use booze, music or hang with my friends and the thoughts come flooding in haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured