Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, I think my 12 year old is sexually active!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
I don't think she has actually gone "all the way", but I do know she is making out with a boy and he has touched her. I have always been open with her. I talk to her about everything very openly and honestly.

I found this out because I read all her messages o. Fb. Part of her being allowed on fb is that I always know the password. She knows I regularly check there. I don't know what to do. Obviously, it'd not the end of the world, bit she is way to young for this! She hasn't been grounded, but she will be losing much of her freedoms for now.

Update****to clarify******
This happened at a football game she attended with a friend and her parents. Apparently the parents let them wander around with friends during the game. I live in a very small safe community and this is normal. She will not be allowed this freedom again. Also, it was not posted on Fb, it was a private message. She wasn't "bragging" about it, and it seems to only be kissing and some over the clothing touching. I don't think either are out of the norm for a twelve year old (she'll he 13 next week)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry.
How the heck does a 12 year old.have enough time to be in those situations?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
You're not as open abed honest with each other if you had to find out by snooping on her FB. Time for a serious parent talk, not best friend talk.
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Be open and honest, tell her how when she shares herself with someone, she's opening up her entire life. That memory will be there forever, and that is a lot of trust to put into someones hands.

Then, well she's 12 its not difficult to make sure she has parental supervision all the time.

This should be a worry when she's 14,15 when they start getting some real autonomy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
BC, don't let her be alone with him, stress the importance of waiting, get a fake baby for a few days she she understands the difficulty of it or find a teen mom who can talk to her or both.
mommadana
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I would give her a reality check. See if there's someone who can give teen pregnancy info to her from a teen.
momto3B
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Time to get your daughter and yourself to a family therapist. What does her father have to say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM

She wouldn't go anywhere but school and home if she was mine. and if I could swing it - she would be CONSTANTLY supervised by a teacher or teacher's aide while at school too.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I am not sure why a 12yr old could be anywhere that this would be happening if she has adult supervision as she should.  Plus why on God's earth is she being allowed alone with a boy in the first place at 12yrs old?  Well time for birth control unless you want a pregnant 12 or 13 yr old.

scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Why would she have fb? How is she getting that alone time anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

She isnt as open with you as you think. Im more  disturbed by the face she knows you have her password and was openly talking about this kind of thing with her boy friend, knowing you can read it , that tells me she doesnt really care about what you think. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured