Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why cant the allergic kids not go?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
Our town hosts a peanut festival between October 28-30th. This would be the 2nd year. It is getting canceled because a few parents that live in the area complained about it being a 'peanut festival' and they want it canceled because their kids cant go. why cant the allergic kids just not go?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I was thinking ahhh hell no dont exclude those babies, then I read it and I agree. You can't take the peanut out of peanut festival. We would just not go, they would be none the wiser. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
4 moms liked this
Bc people feel the world should revolve around their snowflake.

I use to support removing nuts from school but it seems it is getting way out of hand.

I would be throwing a fit that it was cancelled and making damn sure I was loud about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM

so get togther with townspeople and plan your own private peanut festival

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

how dumb. that's just going too far. if your kid can't go then you take them to some other activity rather than ruin everyone elses fun.

Liastele
by Lauren on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

That is really sad. I'm so sick of people and their "if I can't participate, I will ruin it for everyone!" mentality. Shame on them!

Should we cancel the strawberry festivals? The apple festivals? The soy festivals? The dairy festivals? Those are all common allergens to food we commonly grow in the US. If you live in a part of the country that harvests your allergen as a way of life, there will be a festival for it. 

If you are allergic, you stay home. Our apple orchard also has a pumpkin patch and I know a bunch of people that have never taken their kids because someone in the family is allergic to apples (birch pollen) and simply cannot be in the orchard at all. Shall we burn the pumpkin patch to the ground so the children that miss out don't have their feelings hurt? *eyeroll* Maybe we should since apple allergies are becoming more prevalent in my area.

BURN THE PUMPKINS!

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm allergic to peaches. I demand Georgia be shut down.
TheSilence
by Remember Me on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM
It all depends on where it takes place. If it is in a place those children can't really avoid (like a town centre or the only park in town then it shouldn't go on but if it is at a place that can be avoided then it should be allowed to go on.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

This is really stupid.  If you know your kid is allergic to peanuts, you don't go to a peanut festival.  Duh.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
That's going way too.far!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

their snowflake needs to have the world revolve around them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)