Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well.....We Are Basically Effed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My husband informs me today that he found an email he wasn't meant to read and he will be out of a job soon. He's the assistant manager of a place. They just fired the manager and brought in a big wig that is considering buying the store entirely. The dude told my husband that he was going to work with him to get the store back to making a profit, then he was turning it over to my husband. I guess the guy left the email up and my husband read it and it said that when he buys the store, he was going to fire the current crew and bring in his own crew. It may not happen until the end of the year, but still....my husband has been with that company for almost 2 years and loves his job. He's heart broken. I'm trying to find a job (I've been a SAHM), but I know I won't make NEAR what he's making. He asked me to make him a list of places hiring, so he can start applying on his day off tomorrow.

ETA:

He wasn't snooping. They share a computer and it was left open. My husband scanned it to make sure there wasn't anything he needed to read, thinking it was an interoffice email.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM

That sucks, I am so sorry to hear it that. I guess the silver lining is that your DH found out before he was actually out of a job... just tell him to keep quiet about it, and apply everywhere!! Good luck!

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Bummer

Why doesn't he just ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
That sucks. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
That really sucks but at least he wasn't blind sided. Good luck momma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

He can't be that good of a worker if he's snooping in other people's email.  At least now he can go look for other work so I don't really see how you're that fucked.

1CynfulDlite
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM

This sucks I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It was left open on the computer they share. He wasn't snooping .

Quoting Anonymous:

He can't be that good of a worker if he's snooping in other people's email.  At least now he can go look for other work so I don't really see how you're that fucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yea, I'm trying to stay positive. I just hate it for him, because he really loves that job.

Quoting Superlaura328:

That sucks, I am so sorry to hear it that. I guess the silver lining is that your DH found out before he was actually out of a job... just tell him to keep quiet about it, and apply everywhere!! Good luck!

emt088
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

We were blindsided with DHs job being eliminated ("corporate downsizing") about a month ago. It sucks pretty bad. Thankfully with us, DH maxes out the unemployment benefits for our state, so he only makes about 200 a week less than he did while employed. Also thankfully, I work... so were ok until he finds something he wants to do.

Hopefully your DH can use the time he has now to find a job he will love (or at least not mind)

lkane81
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM
That just irritate s me. Employers expect an employee to give noa notice but when something like this hhappens most often they give no notice to employees then bam ppl get a pink slip.

Thank goodness he found out and had time to look for another job. Dnt think he would want to work for someone that would lie straight to his face anyway
.gl with job hunting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)