Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

seriously!!!! who freaking does this!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 413 Replies
3 moms liked this
My ex bought 4 year old dd a 4 wheeler. Not a toy. Its a real 4 wheeler. Gas powered. I'm assuming its a small one. But I don't know. His freaking 6 yesr old nephew just got the cast off from breaking his arm when he crashed his!!!! And he bought her one!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM
22 moms liked this
Ds had gas powered four wheeler when he was 3 and a dirt bike when he was 4.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM
12 moms liked this
Apparently your ex does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Egh my dd had one at 4. They go slow teach her to ride with a helmet on at all times with an adult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
He doesn't even make her wear a helmet on her bike!!!!!! I doubt he thought to buy a helmet for her!!!!! And a helmet isn't going to protect the rest of her!!!!!
And if she breaks something I am the one who has her. He only gets her for a day once or twice a week and if she breaks something I can guarantee he won't be picking her up for visits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Egh my dd had one at 4. They go slow teach her to ride with a helmet on at all times with an adult.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
12 moms liked this
They are fine if used right. Some come with a kill switch and you can make it so they can't go that fast. I grew up riding stuff like that. I never got hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
7 moms liked this

things happen, if she breaks a bone, it will be the first of many.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
My dd can't even ride a bike with training wheels. She falls all the time. She is very uncoordinated and he knows this. Plus she panics. If she goes too fast on her bike she starts screaming and forgets to steer and how to slow down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ds had gas powered four wheeler when he was 3 and a dirt bike when he was 4.

sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I had one when I was 5 and a go cart at 3 and a dirt bike at 4.  If you wear the proper safety equipment and are properly trained, accidents aren't that common.  The accidents you usually hear about are from people who ride them for sporting purposes, not for leisure.  She is too young for sporting right now...give it time (for sporting - not accidents)  :)  Just teach her to be safe. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Dd is very uncoordinated and freaks out if her bike goes too fast!

Quoting Sept-babies2:

They are fine if used right. Some come with a kill switch and you can make it so they can't go that fast. I grew up riding stuff like that. I never got hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I can't teach her to be safe on it. It will stay at his house. And if he doesn't enforce a helmet and stuff then there is nothing I can do

Quoting sdsstargazer:

I had one when I was 5 and a go cart at 3 and a dirt bike at 4.  If you wear the proper safety equipment and are properly trained, accidents aren't that common.  The accidents you usually hear about are from people who ride them for sporting purposes, not for leisure.  She is too young for sporting right now...give it time (for sporting - not accidents)  :)  Just teach her to be safe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)