Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you found out your daughter has had SEX before she had her period ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
And she's 14...what would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Bump
Bella_x3
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Be pissed at myself for obviously not parenting to my fullest if my 14yo had a chance/not enough positive influence to have sex that young.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Show her pics of genital warts.

You think I'm kidding. My grandmother took the "you may get this" approach with me when I was 13. I was like, "nope, no thank you. Keep your weiner over there." We didn't have sex until 3 years later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would kick my own ass for failing to be a good mother.
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Talk to her about safety. Tell her I wish she would wait and meet the right person before doing it again. Realise that she isn't going to wait. Get her condoms and BC.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

If my 14 year old was having sex I would not allow her to be alone! If she had sex and could be pregnant I would get her the plan b and hope for the best. I hope that parenting her the way I do, she wouldn't have the chance nor would she want it that young but I woudn't let it happen twice.

She would be driven to school with no time to play around before, I would pick her up at the doors, she would be home with me after, she would only go places with friends if I was with her (ie sitting in the back of the movies, walking the mall near her etc) I would give her no privacy with phones or internet. There is no way I would let that slide, at 17 okay, lets get BC and be safe at 14 you are a very young child and I won't give you another chance to have sex.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Be pretty upset, but it's her body and her choice. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I would be livid.

i dont know what i would do honestly. she would lose the trust we have in her and would be on serious lock down. I would also have serious health talks with her or bring in a professional as to why she felt sex was the way to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quoting ButterMeUp:

Be pretty upset, but it's her body and her choice. 

Really...not under my roof!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Get her on birth control pronto. Also discuss how she can set boundaries, that she can say no at any time and for any reason, and that she can come to me at any time for nonjudgmental help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)