Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is size 12 fat?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 68 Replies

Mobile Photo

I won't go anon! I know I need to be a smaller size to be an acceptable size in america. I am considered obese. I have a bmi of 30.2. I am 5'2 and 165 lbs. Thing is I don't feel that I look obese. I am curvy. I have a booty and boobies. I eat healthy, small portions. I feel that maybe I just hide it well.......idk I would love to be a smaller size but I'm ok for now.....what do you think of the bmi? And your body shape/size?
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

For me it would be.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM

it's hard to tell because you're wearing all black.

It depends on your body shape. I'm 5'1 and this is me at 155 pounds.

But someone else my size may have carried more weight in their stomach making them look larger.

Now I'm 5'1 and 123 pounds

I'd like to lose 10 more but, you know, I'm kind of eating ice cream right now haha.

Your BMI Isn't too horrible, but it wouldn't be healthy to let it continue to rise since it's at 30.  Like I said, it's hard to see your body because you're wearing black but I don't think you look terrible. Nothing I'd turn my head at and think "She needs to lose weight." But for your health, it'd be best to.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that size 12 is fat at all. There was a time when I would have loved to be a size 12. I used to be a size 16/18 and that IS fat. I started working out and eating differently and over 2 yrs lost 77lbs and am now a size 6. Still don't think a size 12 is fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM

bump

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I don't think it is. But since I am 5 foot others thing they need to make comments that I am not perfectly skinny and need to lose weight. But whatever, I like when I was a size 12 and working hard to be that size again.

MommyChance
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
At almost 6' I wear between a 12-14. People usually dont believe me. I don't consider myself to be fat, but I could stand to loose a few pounds.
You don't look big at all, probably in the same boat at me ;)
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a size 12 5'5" and 160 pounds. I don't look fat. I look healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

for me it would be. i'm only 5'2.

instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

nope

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

damn,i wish i was a 12..used to be..in my 20s..now,im an 18..not thrilled about it,but thats life..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)