Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have I overreacted? Another mom pulling my son- edit: question!!!help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies

I was a a mommy and me class at my gym and I was watching my son closely. He is 2 and j just started to push so I don't take my eyes off him. The instructor brought one car and a kid that is probably the oldest got in the car right away . My son wanted to get in too and put his hand on the boys shoulder and I was moving my arm closer to my son to remove h from the situation to avoid aggression but this mom pulled my son away . I was furious . My son got scared and started to cry. I told her that she shouldn't have touched another kid and that she knew I was right there but I went crazy and I said keep your fucking hands off my child . The gym instructor first asked me to stay and then apparently the other mom called the gym owner and then the instructor told me that they were going to give me a make up class but it was better for us to leave, really ?

We tolerated a wild toddler who was on the same group and now we need to leave ? Am I overreacting at the whole thing ?

Honestly this kid I was talking about was WILD WILD WILD.He would confront the youngest toddlers, push them, take over everything but this "mom" didn't say anything because she was friends with the other mom and all of us were waiting for this kid to leave.Now my kid only put his hands on her son's shoulder and she decides it is ok for her to pull him? I was talking to my son and i was saying not your turn and I was about to put my hand to remove him from the situation but there was no room for my hand as her behind covered most of the area

Update:

yes my yelling was inappropriate but it is the first time another adult touches my kid when I am actually there helping. We go to playdates, my gym (for over a year now), parties, etc etc and this is the first time). what do I do? call the gym owner and tell my side of the story? I know the other parent already called? wait for the gym to email me or call me? change days and not go this day anymore? it really worked great to go on Mondays. Shall I put a hold on the account and resume in a month or so when this mom's son moves to another class? any tips? my gutt is not to email the owner and see what her reaction is

UPDATE 2:

I understand everyone's remarks on how I overreacted but not to defend myself but I'd like to add that some parents and i were discussing how we had enough with this wild kid that I mentioned and the instructor told us that he was moving to another class. This kid was CRAZY. Have any of us touched him? not a sibngle one did. So I am furious because of that. Because this mom was so cool around the agressive3 kid and now overreacts as my kid approaches hers

Update 3

I am not going to call/ go to apologize. This kid is one of those 2 wild kids that turned everything upside down.I did request my account to be put on hold or close.The owner emailed me back to aapologize for not giving her instructor proper orders on what she needed to say at the beginning of class and offered me different deals but for now, we are putting the account on hold and try soccer for the fall session

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I can see both sides.  No one touches my kid but me.  But at the same time she was trying to keep him from getting hurt.

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I probably would not have cussed at the mother but with my body language and facial expressions I would have showed irritation. I would never put my hands on another toddler that did not belong to me especially if the kids mom is sitting right there. That's really nasty of that woman. I'm sorry that happened though. 

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
8 moms liked this
You said fuck in front of kids? You needed to leave.
fairyjester
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
7 moms liked this

you said  keep you fucking hands   , in  a mommy and me class  and you are suprised you were kicked out?

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting anotherhalf:

You said fuck in front of kids? You needed to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofne
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Grow up

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I think You are over reacting. You totally took it to a different level with your cusing and aggression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Agreed. I try really hard to keep my hands off of other people's kids but after 15 years of childcare I forget sometimes. I'm so used to being in charge of the whole room!

Quoting fairyjester:

you said  keep you fucking hands   , in  a mommy and me class  and you are suprised you were kicked out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM
yes. if you don't want other people touching him then fucking watch him.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN