Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely scared.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
Well I find out Wednesday if I will be hospitalized for the remaining 3 months of pregnancy. Due to being "double high risk" because of previous losses and this being a twin pregnancy. I'm scared of being hospitalized I hate hospitals. But Wednesday I get tested for preeclampsia and if positive will be admitted. Does anyone have any advice? What should I take to the hospital? I have a problem with mentally focusing so if you tell me items to take please put it in a list. Thank you so much for support and advice.
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allynmj
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I am sorry and hope you dont need this

Clothes, toiltires, your own pillow, stuffie (if you are like me) books or a tablet, lap top if you have one, movies (for the lap top) with head phones....

The baby stuff...or that could be brought later by your family or S/O

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Slippers
Comfy pants and t-shirts
Chap stick
Hair ties
Laptop/tablet
Pillow
Favorite blanket
Phone charger
Shower gel
Loofa
Little DVD player
Favorite movies
Crossword puzzles
Magazines

Your new babies first outfits :)
BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Having been in the hospital multiple times and put on bedrest during my pregnancy I hope this is helpful.
If you're going to be in the hospital that long I would definitely pack a small bag with your toiletries and a nightgown/ pajamas. Hopefully they would let you wear them.
If you read, gather up a reading collection.
Take your laptop/or tablet
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM

deodorant shampoo a brush and toothpaste and tooth brush and did I say deodorant?ugh that would be on top of my list and chap stick lips get cracked for some reason could be because they might not feed you badgl op

want10more
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM

books. your own slippers and jammies. plants if you like them. pictures. your own pillow or pillowcase. tablet, pen/pencil. puzzle books. tablet or puter.

SWEET737
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM

I was also hospitalize due to being high risk. I took my word search book, a novel or two, hand held family feud game,family pictures,  my personal cd player with my gospel music on it. While in labor for 26 hours. I listened to my music and it helped me to focus on something else.Of course you could bring your favorite slippers and pj's etc. If you need or think of anything else, I am sure someone can bring it to you. try not to be scared and I pray you have two happy and healthy babies and everything goes smooth for you. Keep us updated.

anonymous12308
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Razor, your own favorite pillow, pj's, clothes, favorite blanket, a picture of family, all bathroom stuff, baby stuff or that can come later.
I was hospitalized at 22 weeks I didn't have time to pack as my water broke. I didn't have a razor and sat for two weeks in the hospital before delivery. That's why that was first on this list lol.
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:10 AM

You will be fine.   Don't  worry about  taking  too much.  You will mostly be watching  TV .   You will be  bored  more than anything.  After 2 weeks  you  kind of get used to the routine though.    Instead of worrying  about  a list of things to bring  you will  suddenly  know  different  days what  you  want and  can have someone  bring  you  something. 

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Just to let you know this is going to get nasty.

But I agree with the previous ladies. And bring something to keep yourself busy and talk to the doctor about pain managment, your ass is going to hurt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured