Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate him!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Dh and I both are trying to quit smoking. Today's our first full day on the patches, and were both being assholes. I seriously want to murder him and we've only been awake a whole 2 hours!

We've been bickering since we woke up this morning. We've both tried to quit before, but the fighting is always what's caused us to cave and start back up. Does it get easier? How long does it take to get easier???
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I've quit a couple of times, I guess I can't answer, because I've always caved. I've heard from other people, who have been successful in quitting, that it does get easier.

Good luck! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully soon! :) I'm ready to go on a psychotic yelling spree and It's early! Lol

Quoting armywife009:

I've quit a couple of times, I guess I can't answer, because I've always caved. I've heard from other people, who have been successful in quitting, that it does get easier.

Good luck! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Why don't you try to quit seperately? That way you're not both super moody at the same time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM
If it doesn't work this time, we will... The problem is its super tempting for the one trying to quit to be around the other still smoking.

It's just hard in general

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you try to quit seperately? That way you're not both super moody at the same time.
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Because its hard to quit when you're still smelling it and wanting it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Exactly!!!!! Haha, he bought a bag of jolly ranchers and it trying to just eat one of those every time he wants a cig...

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458:

Because its hard to quit when you're still smelling it and wanting it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
When People I know have quit smoking they go as long as possible without lighting up in the morning/afrernoon. Each day hold out a little longer. Also pick a really annoying spot to go to to smoke like walking somewhere to smoke so it makes it where you don't want to do it.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the only smoker in this relationship. When 'bitch mode' begins, DH brings home a pack of cigarettes for me -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Gum and coloring books.

Something for your mouth and something for your hands.
As for the fighting, its just a matter of being an adult and realizing that being assholes isn't helping.
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
It does get easier. The first week is the hardest. I quit cold turkey 3 yrs ago after smoking for 11 yrs. Keep yourself occupied. I did a lot a lot of cleaning. And sucked on jolly ranchers, any hard candy, and ate sunflower seeds. Just be strong, and remember why you are quitting. Trust me you will feel so much better after you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)