Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth certificate ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
If I put my baby's fathers name on the b.c and give no other info but his b-day will he know about it? Would the hospital try and find out more info? I ended our relationship before I found out I was pregnant. He does know I am having a baby but I told him because of how things didnt work out I don't want to be together just for the baby. And im not saying he cant be a part of it's life. Just the best that he's not too much in the picture

Another question since i cant just have his name. Can the baby still have his last name with the father part being blank?.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I believe he has to sign it. You can't just put his name. This is the case in NYC though. I don't know what it is in other states.

WaffleHead
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this
You're fucking selfish.
Who are you to decide he shouldn't be in the picture too much. Way to set your child up for confusion.
Either let him be in the child's life completely, or not at all.
Makes me sick
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

My ds does not have a father listed on bc. 

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Unless you plan on allowing him to see his child I would not, especially since you're not involved with him any longer.  I know if you put him on the BC and then apply for government aid that they will make you go after him for child support.  So save yourself the headache.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
We both decided that was best.

Quoting WaffleHead:

You're fucking selfish.

Who are you to decide he shouldn't be in the picture too much. Way to set your child up for confusion.

Makes me sick
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

you can't just put someones name on the birth certificate, they have to sign as an acknowledgement of paternity

plumbobtoggle
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Unless he signs it, you can't put his name on there at all.

WaffleHead
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Well he is selfish too.

Quoting Anonymous:

We both decided that was best.

Quoting WaffleHead:

You're fucking selfish.

Makes me sick

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I'm not sure because I was married when both of my children were born so my husband automatically went on their birth certificates.  My husband didn't have to sign anything.  When filling out the BC paperwork though, they had instructions on there on how to establish paternity before you could put the father on the BC if you aren't married.  They didn't allow just anyone to be listed.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

He has to sign it I think.  Why would you not want your child to know their father? Why would you want him in part time?  If he wants to be involved...you are shitty for not letting him.  Fathers have rights too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured