Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamps/Welfare!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: TO ALL YOU WHO RECEIVE FOOD STAMPS/PA/WIC Do you use drugs? Even occasionally?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

Lets get this out there.. 

1/10 PEOPLE ABUSE THE SYSTEM!

That means 90% of the people receiving public assistance NEED IT.. And us it like it was ment to be used.

Let's be more specific.. SINCE  Barack H. Obama took office there is more unemployment than there has been since the Great Depression!

When he took office Unemployment was 7.8% it has gone up as far as 16.0 percent.. that's more than doubled!

So those of you who keep wanting to act like everyone who receives public assistance is some greedy mooch.. 

Stop breathing carbon monoxide and get some oxygen to your brains. 

Less Jobs, Higher taxes and HIGHER PRICED INSURANCE makes employers not want to hire full time workers.. 

Add to that the fact that the majority of people receiving long term food stamps are either single mothers who have some dead beat man walk out and leave them to care for his kids which HE is shirking his responsibility to.. Or disabled elderly persons.. Or legitimately DISABLED younger persons.. ex military men and women who return either mangled physically or mentally due to their service. 

So please quit with all the trash talking!

Go chill out.

For the record. I do receive Food stamps.. I do receive Wic and I do receive public assistance. And I am working to change that! And I welcome Drug testing.. Because I think it is good.. I also think that It will shut some of your mouth's.. Cause not all welfare recipients are druggies! I'm not!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Can you post the statistics you've quoted? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, all the time.  I use use my ebt card to break up my cocaine and pills.  

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yeah yeah yeah
Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
They won't drug test. Florida tried it and it was far to costly and only a small percentage even tested positive. It's a big waste of tax payers money. As if we want to waste anymore of it.

Sure some people need it because things happen that are out of their control and not everything can be fixed over night but there are people who don't need it and lie to get it and lie to keep it.

And the president is a fall guy if you haven't noticed. If he had as much power as everyone thinks he has, we wouldn't be in a shut down. Called balance of power.
Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Of course not she pulled them out her ass!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Ha ha I voted yes just to fuck with your poll,  I'm not even on PA!

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Where did you come by the figures of 1/10 people abusing the system?  Does that include the people that lie to get it and the people who have decided to make it a career choice?  By career choice, anyone who is on assistance for over 2 years?  Does it include all the single moms who live with a bf but omit that part when they apply?  Does it include all the women who want to be SAHMs but can't afford to so they get assistance? 

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Lmao!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I know, this probably won't be up to your standards. Lol. But, I found it to be an interesting read.

I've tried researching this a few times, it can be difficult to find stats.

If you have anything you can find as well. Feel free to post. 

http://getoutofdebt.org/47479/welfare-and-benefit-fraud-statistics-show-a-disturbing-pattern

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)