Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamps/Welfare!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: TO ALL YOU WHO RECEIVE FOOD STAMPS/PA/WIC Do you use drugs? Even occasionally?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

Lets get this out there.. 

1/10 PEOPLE ABUSE THE SYSTEM!

That means 90% of the people receiving public assistance NEED IT.. And us it like it was ment to be used.

Let's be more specific.. SINCE  Barack H. Obama took office there is more unemployment than there has been since the Great Depression!

When he took office Unemployment was 7.8% it has gone up as far as 16.0 percent.. that's more than doubled!

So those of you who keep wanting to act like everyone who receives public assistance is some greedy mooch.. 

Stop breathing carbon monoxide and get some oxygen to your brains. 

Less Jobs, Higher taxes and HIGHER PRICED INSURANCE makes employers not want to hire full time workers.. 

Add to that the fact that the majority of people receiving long term food stamps are either single mothers who have some dead beat man walk out and leave them to care for his kids which HE is shirking his responsibility to.. Or disabled elderly persons.. Or legitimately DISABLED younger persons.. ex military men and women who return either mangled physically or mentally due to their service. 

So please quit with all the trash talking!

Go chill out.

For the record. I do receive Food stamps.. I do receive Wic and I do receive public assistance. And I am working to change that! And I welcome Drug testing.. Because I think it is good.. I also think that It will shut some of your mouth's.. Cause not all welfare recipients are druggies! I'm not!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Actually, she interviewed everyone in the country on food stamps, personally inspected their homes, and followed them around for a week to ensure they 100% followed the rules.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course not she pulled them out her ass!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you post the statistics you've quoted? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
So much judging! God is the only one that should do that. I wish people would just pat themselves on the back and mind their own business.
bex55
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Your stats are pretty wrong actually, not really helpingthe cause here. The actual rates of fraud are more like 1%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I just voted no to even out your yes.  I'm not on pa either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha ha I voted yes just to fuck with your poll,  I'm not even on PA!

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
First of all, the unemployment rate is not 16%. Second, we do have people unemployed and we also have a TON of jobs. The problem is we need engineers, not migrant workers, burger flippers, and other low skilled jobs. The longest I have been unemployed was 10 days because what I do is high demand and skilled.

I don't knock PA. It doesn't benefit anyone to have starving people like a third world country. We just need to quit pretending there are no jobs, because there are plenty of them, just no one educated enough to work them.
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Typical of what? We afford him just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

figures..... pretty typical.... had a baby you can't afford....

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

Dh works and I'm looking for a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

do you work?

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

We don't even drink. People like to assume we're all sitting in drug dens with dirty, starving children. That is not the case for us at all. Everything is clean including my child, and there's nothing stronger than tylenol in this house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

you can't even provide him with fucking food.... so NO you CANNOT afford him just fine, not without the government titty you suck...

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

Typical of what? We afford him just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

figures..... pretty typical.... had a baby you can't afford....

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

Dh works and I'm looking for a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

do you work?

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

We don't even drink. People like to assume we're all sitting in drug dens with dirty, starving children. That is not the case for us at all. Everything is clean including my child, and there's nothing stronger than tylenol in this house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

which candidate did you support in the last presidential election?

Quoting Anonymous:

so exactly how much of the population are you judging based on the example of one person in your family..

you made the statement that most people know how to get over on the drug tests... that's a pretty unproven statement

Quoting luvmykidsJC:

The problem with drug testing is most people who do drugs know how to get around them. If 10% come up postive, that doesn't mean only 10% are using. My cousin has 2 kids she doesn't have with her and is pregnant again. Her boyfriend works side jobs and both of them claim that they make no money. They get WIC and food stamps for the 5 of them even though her boyfriend makes, according to her, about $3000 a month. They are also on drugs and both of her older 2 kids were born addicted to drugs and she was allowed to take them home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM
That's what the fraud department is for. They investigate questionable applications etc!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not buying your argument.  Here's why:  People who defraud the system don't admit it.  The government doesn't typically bother to check out applications like they should and even if someone tries to report welfare fraud, more often than not the report is not taken seriously.  There are no reliable statistics on this subject.  As for the number of people on welfare skyrocketing since that disaster took office, he lowered the amount of money you can say you make to get on assistance, so a shitload more people jumped on the welfare wagon.  Millions and millions on welfare.  Not every place in every city is hiring but it's nowhere near as bad as people like to say.  All I see here, in the state we moved from and in every city and town we have traveled to lately, are help wanted signs.  But why work when you can live off the system forever and even the president advocates it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
OP here: I voted for Ron Paul

Quoting Anonymous:

which candidate did you support in the last presidential election?

Quoting Anonymous:

so exactly how much of the population are you judging based on the example of one person in your family..

you made the statement that most people know how to get over on the drug tests... that's a pretty unproven statement

Quoting luvmykidsJC:

The problem with drug testing is most people who do drugs know how to get around them. If 10% come up postive, that doesn't mean only 10% are using. My cousin has 2 kids she doesn't have with her and is pregnant again. Her boyfriend works side jobs and both of them claim that they make no money. They get WIC and food stamps for the 5 of them even though her boyfriend makes, according to her, about $3000 a month. They are also on drugs and both of her older 2 kids were born addicted to drugs and she was allowed to take them home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)