Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You Have A PERM!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
Post pics. I'm getting one on Thursday and I wanna see pics of other mamas. My hair is long(like to my bra) and I need something easy to do and that will add volume. So....LET ME SEE!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this

People still get perms? Hello 1987!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Don't do a traditional perm. They always look horrible. Instead find a shop that specializes in boomerang perm rods. It is a much natural softer look
nerdychick
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I have not had a perm in years... and everytime I would do it I looked like a poodle that got struck by lightning lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
White people perm or black people perm?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, not everyone is blessed with curly hair. Some of us have hair that is straight as a board and no amount of hot rollers/sponge rollers, etc will help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I know people who have what they are calling beach wave perms. I think they look really cool. Just big waves not like 1990 perms
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Lol. White people perm.

Quoting Anonymous:

White people perm or black people perm?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

WTF. 

Who the hell gets perms anymore? I want to see these pictures so I can laugh at you! 

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Dont do a spiral. Get a boomerang. It looks so much better. I always got those in h.s. because my hair was past my butt. One lady convinced my gma that a spiral would be better. Took FOREVER and in 3 days fell flat because the length and weight of my hair. I was supper pissed! such a waist of money. anyways, definatly ask for a Boomerang! I was thinking about it but i'm pregnant lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM

And getting a hideously outdated perm is your solution for that? Why not just embrace your natural hair? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, not everyone is blessed with curly hair. Some of us have hair that is straight as a board and no amount of hot rollers/sponge rollers, etc will help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)