Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get along with other moms your age in your area?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I kind of do but not really. I live in a fairly conservative area in Texas and the moms my age around here are all very straight-laced. I've been told that I'm a very friendly person, but a lot of these women don't seem to want to associate with me because I'm not like them. I hate "normal" and strive to be unique and an individual.

They also don't seem to do anything but mommy and wife things. I refuse to lose my identity because I became a wife and mother. I have my own hobbies and interests outside of my kids and family, and I feel like I'm resented because of that. I do a lot of stuff with my kids and husband, but I also like to have time to myself. I believe it's important for a parent to have time to themselves. I don't go out all the time or every weekend though, but if the opportunity to go out comes up and I can financially go and I have someone to watch the kids, I'm going!

Does anyone else have a problem with making mommy friends?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Cool, my in-laws live in Marshall :-)

Quoting CalicoMeezer:

East Texas here. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Where in TX are you? I'm close to San Antonio.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No I get along fine with other moms, I'm in TX too.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Yep. I'm not a 'true army wife' and I dont believe in popping out kids for benefits on either end of the spectrum. 

I dont have a gaggle of snot nosed benefit brats, I dont live on post, I dont live in public housing , I'm not trashy, I'm not rich.

I'm from the north, not the south (where we live) I'm fat, I have multiple piercings in my face and I firmly believe that you need a license to breed.

I get on A LOT of nerves here. I dont really care though, because I'm not a mother to make friends.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM
I get along best with people older then me. One, because I had my first very young so those with a kid the same age are usually older. Two, because I don't like to party or go out to bars. I'm not super active. Id rather be at home most of the time.
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM

most people my age are too emotionally immature for me to get along with. i get along best with people between my age and my parents age. i have been this way my entire life. always having been called "wise for my years" and "an old soul." 

but really, my issue isnt exactly about age but instead the level of maturity people have. i have met some very dramatic mid-30's women that i cant stand. they act like junior high kids going through puberty. on the other hand, i know some very level-headed, emotionally intelligent people closer to my own age.

emtgirl885
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Where do you live in Texas?

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No I get along fine with other moms, I'm in TX too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM

I am 28, and my best friend here is 50 years old.  Despite the big age difference, she is the one I have the most in common with.  I don't like associating with trashy, irresponsible parents.  On the other hand, I don't like women who are snotty, stuck up, work-aholics, or those who try to give off the image of perfection. 

504bbymami
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM
I have a hard time connecting with a lot of other moms here. We are just different. I'm still nice to them, but we aren't close & probably never will be.
LadyVoldemort
by Pastafarian on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Someone who isn't interested in partying all the time. Someone I can have intelligent discussion with, not check out potential baby daddies
I'm 22. Most 22 year old moms around here aren't really ready to grow up. These are women who had children as teenagers, and now that their kids are older, they're trying to relive their teen years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. What are your friendship standards?

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

Nope. Most moms my age are way below my friendship standards

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

No not really. I don't have much tolerance for high school drama bullshit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured