Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get along with other moms your age in your area?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I kind of do but not really. I live in a fairly conservative area in Texas and the moms my age around here are all very straight-laced. I've been told that I'm a very friendly person, but a lot of these women don't seem to want to associate with me because I'm not like them. I hate "normal" and strive to be unique and an individual.

They also don't seem to do anything but mommy and wife things. I refuse to lose my identity because I became a wife and mother. I have my own hobbies and interests outside of my kids and family, and I feel like I'm resented because of that. I do a lot of stuff with my kids and husband, but I also like to have time to myself. I believe it's important for a parent to have time to themselves. I don't go out all the time or every weekend though, but if the opportunity to go out comes up and I can financially go and I have someone to watch the kids, I'm going!

Does anyone else have a problem with making mommy friends?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I understand!  The moms around here are pretty responsible but don't seem to have anything to talk about except their children, husbands, recipes, etc.  I like to have intelligent discussions about current events, books, ideas, etc.  I don't mind talking about my kids and family, but like I said, I have a life and interests outside of my kids!  

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

Someone who isn't interested in partying all the time. Someone I can have intelligent discussion with, not check out potential baby daddies
I'm 22. Most 22 year old moms around here aren't really ready to grow up. These are women who had children as teenagers, and now that their kids are older, they're trying to relive their teen years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. What are your friendship standards?

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

Nope. Most moms my age are way below my friendship standards

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

No.  I'm in a major military community and I'm not your typical military wife.  I've tried but it's obvious I don't fit in so I gave up trying.

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I do have one friend, she's 25 and is TTC, and we talk about this stuff yet we also crack up at stupid stuff
As far as mommy friends, nope. I'm not much of a people person anyway, so I don't like having many friends. A few is fine with me

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand!  The moms around here are pretty responsible but don't seem to have anything to talk about except their children, husbands, recipes, etc.  I like to have intelligent discussions about current events, books, ideas, etc.  I don't mind talking about my kids and family, but like I said, I have a life and interests outside of my kids!  

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

Someone who isn't interested in partying all the time. Someone I can have intelligent discussion with, not check out potential baby daddies

I'm 22. Most 22 year old moms around here aren't really ready to grow up. These are women who had children as teenagers, and now that their kids are older, they're trying to relive their teen years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. What are your friendship standards?

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

Nope. Most moms my age are way below my friendship standards

BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I get along w/ everyone I know, regardless of their interests, views, differences etc. I make friends easily.
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

thank you... she passed a while ago.... i am doing okay, very lucky to be alive and have a healthy, wonderful family/life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry to hear that. When did she pass? How are you doing so far?

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

no :( i Know no other moms my age.........

my friend who was pregnant died...

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

You sound like me...except insert "true Marine wife" lol.  

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yep. I'm not a 'true army wife' and I dont believe in popping out kids for benefits on either end of the spectrum. 

I dont have a gaggle of snot nosed benefit brats, I dont live on post, I dont live in public housing , I'm not trashy, I'm not rich.

I'm from the north, not the south (where we live) I'm fat, I have multiple piercings in my face and I firmly believe that you need a license to breed.

I get on A LOT of nerves here. I dont really care though, because I'm not a mother to make friends.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I don't know anyone my age in my area. I'm 32 but I keep to my self. The moms in my neighbor are 10-15 years older than me. Some of them act like they are teenagers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

No, not at all. Most of them are quite snobby, so I don't even attempt to be friends with them or have my son meet their children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Yes, we are all close in age and have similar lifestyles.
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I don't know any moms my age in my area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)