Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get along with other moms your age in your area?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I kind of do but not really. I live in a fairly conservative area in Texas and the moms my age around here are all very straight-laced. I've been told that I'm a very friendly person, but a lot of these women don't seem to want to associate with me because I'm not like them. I hate "normal" and strive to be unique and an individual.

They also don't seem to do anything but mommy and wife things. I refuse to lose my identity because I became a wife and mother. I have my own hobbies and interests outside of my kids and family, and I feel like I'm resented because of that. I do a lot of stuff with my kids and husband, but I also like to have time to myself. I believe it's important for a parent to have time to themselves. I don't go out all the time or every weekend though, but if the opportunity to go out comes up and I can financially go and I have someone to watch the kids, I'm going!

Does anyone else have a problem with making mommy friends?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I'm in San Antonio. I'm pretty normal, though. Love to cook, hate to clean, love to take the boys to the playground or the zoo, like to read, go to the movies, pretty much a shorts and t-shirts and flip flops kind of person...

Mostly get along with everyone though, so long as they treat their kids right and don't judge my messy house :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Where in TX are you? I'm close to San Antonio.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No I get along fine with other moms, I'm in TX too.

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I get along with people pretty easily and make acquaintances pretty fast. For me the trouble is the next step. Most women that I meet unload all their drama on my on the first date. lol I'm a bit more private in person and I don't really share that much unless I've known them for years. People tend to be put off by this. For instance I met this girl a few years ago at a party. She was hilarious, and tons of fun. I saw her at a few more parties and we hung out together. Then we went out in a smaller group the first time and suddenly her husband is an alcoholic and they have all these problems. They are always on again off again. It was just too much for me. I tend to just hang out with large groups.

QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I have a handful of "mommy friends." Some are my age, and some are significantly older than me.

I will say that MOST mothers my age around here are very... Immature. Parties, guys, and drinking/drugs come first, and they hand their kids off the grandma whenever they can. I'm 26. Its very disappointing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Any mom friends I have are in their late to early 30's lol. My best friend is 23 like me, but she's over the partying college girl phase. She's like an auntie to my ds.
scoleman828
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I don't know anyone here ay all, much less moms my age. We just moved 3 months ago. I still have friends back in nm but onky 1 of them has kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I don't want any friends. I don't like other women. I can't learn anything from them.

Men are perverted pigs.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I'm an older mom--39 in November with a 2 year old.  My best friend is 42 and just sent her last child out into the world!  So for me, it's not a matter of getting along with them more over than finding Mom's my own age WITH children my sons age or close.  

I LOVE being a Mom and would LOVE your neighbors!  My primary focus IS being a wife and Mom, but I also have my own hobbies but those come second to my family--but the difference is it took me 13 years to become a mother so I'm not about to focus on myself for this short time that I have a little one at home.

JordansGenius
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I do NOT, but for different reasons.  

I live in the inner city now, one which drug use and poverty runs rampant.

Poverty, I do not take issue with.  How others choose to cope with such ~ I.e, illicit drug use ~ I most certainly do!

The last two mothers I met in the area, the potential to form a new friendship was quickly sabotaged by revelations of active drug use, and CPS/DYFUS involvement resulting from such.

I am not one to judge others, and wish the very best for those on the path to conquering their "inner demons", but in the interest of protecting my child, I just can not foster the growth of a new relationship plagued with so much recent and active turmoil.

BrookieCookie1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Id settle for susie homemaker. I'm susie homemaker during the day but a deeply disturbed artist at night,lol. (For real though I am). I stay away from women in their thirties like me altogethwr anymore,unless they're my longtimee friends w kids because what I'm experiencing is many ladies that are actually well, psychobitches is probably the best way to describe it. You see I believe there's 2 types of crazy; the type that harms self and the type that takes it out on others. I'm the former,I keep running into the latter,and so I find I just keep to myself these days.
BrookieCookie1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Id settle for susie homemaker. I'm susie homemaker during the day but a deeply disturbed artist at night,lol. (For real though I am). I stay away from women in their thirties like me altogethwr anymore,unless they're my longtimee friends w kids because what I'm experiencing is many ladies that are actually well, psychobitches is probably the best way to describe it. You see I believe there's 2 types of crazy; the type that harms self and the type that takes it out on others. I'm the former,I keep running into the latter,and so I find I just keep to myself these days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)