Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What happens if the shut down doesnt end?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
Well I know its going to end, but what happens if they do not come to an agreement by the deadline? I do not do politics well at all, I barely passed government with a C- in high school almost 10 years ago. So break it down in layman terms please, what will it mean for us as people in the US?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saydar
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
3 moms liked this

What do you know of life in Russia?

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM
10 moms liked this
This isn't a true shutdown. 80% + of the government is still up and running, business as usual... Even the congressional gym is still open ffs. They pick and choose what to fund and not fund. It is all a game, a ploy, a scare tactic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

anarchy 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Nothing to be honest with you...I really kind of only pay attention to whats going on with me and my family, I don't really pay attention to news and politics and other stuff like that.
Quoting Saydar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

People will not be paid. The government wont be able to pay its bills. America will look like an even bigger JOKE and no one will ever take us seriously again. ( we threaten to kick your ass for coming after us, yeah the other countries will laugh and say, with that money?)

I assume people will go crazy and start acting out like fools.

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
We become the laughingstock of the world
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh don't forget... the idiots who are responsible for this shutdown still get paid!

Quoting Anonymous:

People will not be paid. The government wont be able to pay its bills. America will look like an even bigger JOKE and no one will ever take us seriously again. ( we threaten to kick your ass for coming after us, yeah the other countries will laugh and say, with that money?)

I assume people will go crazy and start acting out like fools.

Saydar
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Alright, we'll be boned. Poverty will be sky-high.

Our nation runs on credit and we will have none. Imagine running your house and staying above water only by living off of credit cards. Suddenly all of your cards are maxed, you can't get any more or any loans, and the credits come knocking at your door.

Now imagine that on a national level with unemployment through the roof, food shortages, and rationing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing to be honest with you...I really kind of only pay attention to whats going on with me and my family, I don't really pay attention to news and politics and other stuff like that.
Quoting Saydar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

So I should take my husband seriously and start becoming preppers? (insert nervous laugh)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Bump to read answers!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN