Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have 2 only child-ren....Ask me anything!! EDIT...Pic heavy on pg 8

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 355 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am bored tonight, so thought I could answer questions. 

My 2 kids are 19 years apart in ages.  My son grew up an only child, and my daughter is too.

Ask me anything!!

YAY!!  I made "front page".  This post made it on the Top Conversations!!  Thanks guys!

Just to clarify......my son is now 26, my daughter will be 7 in November.  They are 19 years, 3 months apart in ages.  I gave birth to both, no pregnancies in between, no miscarriages/abortions, etc. 

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww, come on!!  I need entertained tonight!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Why so far apart? What was it like starting all over?
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Anonymous took my question, I have no others
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
6 moms liked this

I divorced my son's dad when he was 3 (he was and still is a cheater).  It took me forever to find a man that I really loved and wanted a family with.  I dated several, one for 4 years, one for 8 years, etc., and was engaged twice, but never remarried, until I met my DH. And when I met my DH, I finally found the one that I wanted kids with.  And no other relationship was "perfect" for me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why so far apart? What was it like starting all over?

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL Well, when I replied to Anon, I forgot to answer the starting over one.  So, I will do that here.  Yes, it is just like starting over.  After 19 years, I didn't have a crib, or any baby stuff.  Plus, cribs are very different than they were years ago.  Even walkers are different. I think they are exersaucers now.

It was strange, but also it was like riding a bike.  You never forget once you learn what to do.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Anonymous took my question, I have no others

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
That is not an only child. They are siblings! My dd is the only child in our home right now but she has three siblings. I don't understand why you would try to separate them like that.
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't separate them, but he moved out when he turned 20, she was 1.  He isn't around day to day, and she is basically an only child.  She has no siblings at home to play with. She sees her big brother as often as possible, between her going to school, his work, and his dating on weekends.  I wish we did all live together.  But, a 26 yr old man doesn't really think living at home with mom and stepdad isn't the ideal living situation when you are not married and dating.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not an only child. They are siblings! My dd is the only child in our home right now but she has three siblings. I don't understand why you would try to separate them like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Of course a grown man should not be living at home. My point is that you do not have any only children. You have two children that are siblings that do not live in the same home. Sad that you can't see that.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

I don't separate them, but he moved out when he turned 20, she was 1.  He isn't around day to day, and she is basically an only child.  She has no siblings at home to play with. She sees her big brother as often as possible, between her going to school, his work, and his dating on weekends.  I wish we did all live together.  But, a 26 yr old man doesn't really think living at home with mom and stepdad isn't the ideal living situation when you are not married and dating.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 kids too but mine are 3; years apart.
MommyKarma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM

That's pretty interesting, also fucking crazy.
No where close to that, but the thought hits me all the time, since I have one and I say that I am done but do we ever really know? Shit happens lol. I just hate this picture that I will have kids 10+ years apart. How was it? Planned or accidents? Do you want more? Is your son close to having his own kids or have any? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN