Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have 2 only child-ren....Ask me anything!! EDIT...Pic heavy on pg 8

I am bored tonight, so thought I could answer questions. 

My 2 kids are 19 years apart in ages.  My son grew up an only child, and my daughter is too.

Ask me anything!!

YAY!!  I made "front page".  This post made it on the Top Conversations!!  Thanks guys!

Just to clarify......my son is now 26, my daughter will be 7 in November.  They are 19 years, 3 months apart in ages.  I gave birth to both, no pregnancies in between, no miscarriages/abortions, etc. 

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM
7 moms liked this

im 25 and have a brother who is 4. i refer to him being raised as an only child. hes the only one there . im around often but, as im an adult its a different dinamic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course a grown man should not be living at home. My point is that you do not have any only children. You have two children that are siblings that do not live in the same home. Sad that you can't see that.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

I don't separate them, but he moved out when he turned 20, she was 1.  He isn't around day to day, and she is basically an only child.  She has no siblings at home to play with. She sees her big brother as often as possible, between her going to school, his work, and his dating on weekends.  I wish we did all live together.  But, a 26 yr old man doesn't really think living at home with mom and stepdad isn't the ideal living situation when you are not married and dating.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not an only child. They are siblings! My dd is the only child in our home right now but she has three siblings. I don't understand why you would try to separate them like that.

leksismommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That's cool, I have a cousin my age and she has a little sister the age of my YDD 2yo. No questions

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
How old am I? What am I wearing? What color am I? Where do I live? Do I like boobs?
Meredith2girls
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
13 moms liked this
Why are you being like that? Obviously she knows how many children she has. With an age gap like that, it does seem like they are only children. Her son in every sense of the way grew up an only child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course a grown man should not be living at home. My point is that you do not have any only children. You have two children that are siblings that do not live in the same home. Sad that you can't see that.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

I don't separate them, but he moved out when he turned 20, she was 1.  He isn't around day to day, and she is basically an only child.  She has no siblings at home to play with. She sees her big brother as often as possible, between her going to school, his work, and his dating on weekends.  I wish we did all live together.  But, a 26 yr old man doesn't really think living at home with mom and stepdad isn't the ideal living situation when you are not married and dating.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not an only child. They are siblings! My dd is the only child in our home right now but she has three siblings. I don't understand why you would try to separate them like that.

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I do see that, but they aren't together day to day.  My son was an only child for 19 years.  And now, my daughter feels like an only child because she has no siblings at home to play with daily.  I know I have 2 children, but I wish I did have them closer in ages.  And my DD adores her big "bubby".  He adores her right back. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Quoting Anonymous:

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
46 moms liked this

A child raised without a constant sibling will have an "only child" mindset. That's all that she's saying. It's sad that you have to be so literal minded and have something simple explained to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Quoting Anonymous:

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I get what you're saying...I have three, but the older two are out of the house, which leaves my 8 yr old feeling like "an only child" ...and he uses those words himself.
Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Quoting Anonymous:

lovnmy3boys
by Paula on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
6 moms liked this

Don't feel bad, I've made posts where all I got were positive comments and then one person came in doing nothing but twisting my words and attacking me for the title of my post...there always seems to be one in the crowd... :/

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
3 moms liked this

It was definitely terrifying, but exciting at the same time.  My son was a little freaked out about me being pregnant and him being 19. I think the thoughts of his mom having sex and getting pregnant was kinda disgusting to him. LOL  

My son was more of an accident than my dd6 was. But they were both wanted and I love them both equally! With my DS26, I was 19 when I found out I was pregnant, 20 when I had him.  I married his dad when I was 8 months pregnant.  With my DD6 (7 next month), I was 38 when I met her dad, he had no kids, and he was 37.  We KNEW we wanted kids from the first time we met.  Something just "clicked", and I now believe when you know it is true love, you honestly just know.  We tried for 9 months before we got pregnant, right after I turned 39.  We did try for one more, but it didn't happen.  I had my tubes tied at 42, and I am now 46.  My son has no kids of his own yet, but he has already been "trained" and he is going to be an amazing, caring dad.

Quoting MommyKarma:

That's pretty interesting, also fucking crazy.
No where close to that, but the thought hits me all the time, since I have one and I say that I am done but do we ever really know? Shit happens lol. I just hate this picture that I will have kids 10+ years apart. How was it? Planned or accidents? Do you want more? Is your son close to having his own kids or have any? 

Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I have 4 you get siblings. We range including myself the oldest 31-12. I was raised in my grandparents home as an only child. Out of my 4 siblings I am super close to my soon to be 16 yr old sister. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)