Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could your KID survive without an air conditioner ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
over40bride
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

No. Way to hot here in AZ.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Of course, why not?

homeschoolmom9
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Th heat even makes my asthma and breathing 50x worse I am sure it does for a child also

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the second person to say no because of asthma..why?

My daughter has severe asthma and I have never had air conditioner..and it gets over 100 here. Her asthma is no better or worse...

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

No, asthma issues. 

EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Could they? Yes

Would they be whiny little brats? Yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Quoting homeschoolmom9:

Absolutely not. Hell its 34* here right now and DD6YRS and I have our fans going pointed right at our faces.

You'd adjust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting V.Dubbya:

Yes in the house no in the car.

Why not in the car?

SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

We live in Arizona, we'd all die without ac.

homeschoolmom9
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
No I wouldnt. I am from South Ga and now live in Maine. Its 34 degrees here and still have on my fans and the heat off. If it is over 62* outside the air has to be on or I throw up constantly and all 3 DDs get sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting homeschoolmom9:

Absolutely not. Hell its 34* here right now and DD6YRS and I have our fans going pointed right at our faces.

You'd adjust.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

My 16yr old couldn't due to asthma, the rest of us would survive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

DS and DD#2 could and have. DD#1 not so much. She has health issues and has since she was born. She's 20 and still has problems with heat and cold. We could place her in a really warm (not hot) bath and she will start to shiver within minutes. (0 body fat) We used to take her in to the pool to swim and her lips would become blue within minutes from the cooler water. We had to take her in the hot tub to warm up before going inside.

Back during Issac, after the storm had passed thru, but the electricity was still off, it was absolutely misserable for both her and I. The heat and humidity affected my asthma and neither of us could sleep. It was giving her a headache. Luckily two days after the storm we were finally able to get a hold of a friend in Alabama, who invited us to come stay until the electric was back on. She was an angel to invite us and our pets to come stay in her air conditioned house. Within about 4 hours of being there both DD#1 and my own headaches had gone away. So yeah we don't do well without a/c.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)