Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E-cigarettes poll!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Options:

I am not a smoker, cigarette or e-cig

I have thought about trying one

I smoke cigarettes, but wont try an e-cig

I have quit smoking with the help of an e-cig

I tried an e-cig but hated it

Other-please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Frankly, I didn't have the will power to stop cold turkey, but my e-cigarette has made quitting smoking a breeze!  The first week was a little bit of a transition, but after that it was downright easy.  I have literally smoked ONE cigarette in the past 3 months...AND IT TASTED TERRIBLE!!  

To anyone thinking of trying to quit by using an e-cigarette, I definitely recommend it :)  Just wanted to share!!

(On a side note, I've heard it's important to invest in a half decent e-cigarette; the little gas station "blu" e-cigarette isn't anywhere close to the same quality of a real one.  I think my starter kit was $50, but it was enough for 2 people, not 1)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I have an eGo twist and I love it! So EASY to quit smoking with those!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on quitting!  I don't think I'd enjoy getting the liquid in my mouth either lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

After I quit cold turkey I thought it'd be nice to have an e-cig around to appease my urges. We bought a super cheapie one from over seas (China made knock off I don't remember what it was called exactly) It was actually nice. But I stopped using them after I started inhaling the actual liquid into my mouth. I'm guessing the cotton inside the ends that absorbed it just kind of ran out. Idk. I stopped using it a longgg time ago. Still cig free :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Well done!  Good job quitting :)

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I quit smoking cold turkey BUT every once in awhile Ive used an e-cig in times of high stress (like when we thought my dad was gonna die even the drs pretty much said it) and the E-swisher brand wasn't that bad.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks Ive got 5 months smoke free as of today :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well done!  Good job quitting :)

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I quit smoking cold turkey BUT every once in awhile Ive used an e-cig in times of high stress (like when we thought my dad was gonna die even the drs pretty much said it) and the E-swisher brand wasn't that bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM

There's a girl I work with who is forever borrowing my e-cig.  I love her to death but she needs to just get a decent one herself instead of buying blus

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

My husband loves his

You're right about the brand though, he said the cheapie was crap

PinkOwlStuffy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I am in the process of quitting cigarettes completely. I love my E-cig. I am down to one pack of real cigarettes a week from at least a pack a day. My biggest problem is that I crave a cigarette first thing in the morning and when I go to bed a night. And I actually enjoy the taste and feel of a real cigarette. =/ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am using one to help me stop smoking. The plan is to step down the nicotine every month or so. It will take a while, but it will be for good. My fav is Tigers Blood, tastes just like the snow cone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Very true.  Trying finding a shop that wants you to try the product out first...thats what sold me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have thought about it and want to try to quit cigs with the e cigs, I just have to be the one to finally say okay this it Im ready to try it. I know its all up to me and Im gearing myself up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Oooh!  That does sound yummy!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am using one to help me stop smoking. The plan is to step down the nicotine every month or so. It will take a while, but it will be for good. My fav is Tigers Blood, tastes just like the snow cone!

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Is it weird that I don't even smoke and just want to try one? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured