Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E-cigarettes poll!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Options:

I am not a smoker, cigarette or e-cig

I have thought about trying one

I smoke cigarettes, but wont try an e-cig

I have quit smoking with the help of an e-cig

I tried an e-cig but hated it

Other-please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Frankly, I didn't have the will power to stop cold turkey, but my e-cigarette has made quitting smoking a breeze!  The first week was a little bit of a transition, but after that it was downright easy.  I have literally smoked ONE cigarette in the past 3 months...AND IT TASTED TERRIBLE!!  

To anyone thinking of trying to quit by using an e-cigarette, I definitely recommend it :)  Just wanted to share!!

(On a side note, I've heard it's important to invest in a half decent e-cigarette; the little gas station "blu" e-cigarette isn't anywhere close to the same quality of a real one.  I think my starter kit was $50, but it was enough for 2 people, not 1)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

mine had been laying on its side, and I picked it up to take a hit...sweet baby James, that was the most horrid taste I have ever experienced! I damn near threw up, it made my mouth go numb a little.

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats on quitting!  I don't think I'd enjoy getting the liquid in my mouth either lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

After I quit cold turkey I thought it'd be nice to have an e-cig around to appease my urges. We bought a super cheapie one from over seas (China made knock off I don't remember what it was called exactly) It was actually nice. But I stopped using them after I started inhaling the actual liquid into my mouth. I'm guessing the cotton inside the ends that absorbed it just kind of ran out. Idk. I stopped using it a longgg time ago. Still cig free :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I don't know if my taste buds came back to life or what, but after about a month of not smoking at all, then smoking a cigarette again, the taste was disgusting.  TBH, I'm glad I didn't enjoy it though.

Quoting PinkOwlStuffy:

I am in the process of quitting cigarettes completely. I love my E-cig. I am down to one pack of real cigarettes a week from at least a pack a day. My biggest problem is that I crave a cigarette first thing in the morning and when I go to bed a night. And I actually enjoy the taste and feel of a real cigarette. =/ 

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Dh and I both want to try switching. He's a truck driver and his smoking is out of boredom while driving. Mines also a bored habit. Plus the idea of not going outside all winter to get my fix makes me happy happy happy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM

You can buy liquid without nicotine in it if your curiousity gets the better of you ;)

Quoting ColieO:

Is it weird that I don't even smoke and just want to try one? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting PinkOwlStuffy:

I am in the process of quitting cigarettes completely. I love my E-cig. I am down to one pack of real cigarettes a week from at least a pack a day. My biggest problem is that I crave a cigarette first thing in the morning and when I go to bed a night. And I actually enjoy the taste and feel of a real cigarette. =/ 

I get it. As awesome as my ecig is...it cant compare to the real thing. no matter how bad it is for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM

OMG yes!!  I love being able to smoke my e-cig while relaxing in the tub or driving down the road.  I love, even more, that I don't smell like a cigarette after toking on it.  

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Dh and I both want to try switching. He's a truck driver and his smoking is out of boredom while driving. Mines also a bored habit. Plus the idea of not going outside all winter to get my fix makes me happy happy happy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I quit using one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I bet big tobacco is hating e-cigarettes right about now

Quoting Anonymous:

I quit using one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM
My SO tried one. No idea the brand or anything. He use to smoke then started chewing. Gross I know. But had surgery and couldn't open his chew put it in or anything. So he started to smoke again. My sister brought him an e cig. And it made his heart race. Anyone ever have that happen? Now hes smoking a little and chewing a little. :( mayne a different brand would he better?
good post going to keep reading.
PinkOwlStuffy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I wish I didn't enjoy the taste of them! I actually prefer the taste of a real cigarette over any of the E-juices I have tried (and I've tried a lot. I have about 9 different flavors right now.) 

My friend's grandmother suggested that maybe the reason I think I have to have a couple of cigs a day is because I have an emotional attachment to the cigarettes themselves. (Yea, sounds weird to me too.) She said they way she quit smoking (30+ years ago!) is that she bought her last pack of cigarettes and then never opened them. She simply put them in her purse and carried them around with her "just in case". She even pulled out the 30 year old pack of cigarettes and showed me! Sure enough, there they were, still unopened in her purse! I think I'm gonna try it..it sounds crazy enough it might just work. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if my taste buds came back to life or what, but after about a month of not smoking at all, then smoking a cigarette again, the taste was disgusting.  TBH, I'm glad I didn't enjoy it though.

Quoting PinkOwlStuffy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured