Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

E-cigarettes poll!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Options:

I am not a smoker, cigarette or e-cig

I have thought about trying one

I smoke cigarettes, but wont try an e-cig

I have quit smoking with the help of an e-cig

I tried an e-cig but hated it

Other-please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Frankly, I didn't have the will power to stop cold turkey, but my e-cigarette has made quitting smoking a breeze!  The first week was a little bit of a transition, but after that it was downright easy.  I have literally smoked ONE cigarette in the past 3 months...AND IT TASTED TERRIBLE!!  

To anyone thinking of trying to quit by using an e-cigarette, I definitely recommend it :)  Just wanted to share!!

(On a side note, I've heard it's important to invest in a half decent e-cigarette; the little gas station "blu" e-cigarette isn't anywhere close to the same quality of a real one.  I think my starter kit was $50, but it was enough for 2 people, not 1)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Haha, I never even thought of that. I bet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet big tobacco is hating e-cigarettes right about now

Quoting Anonymous:

I quit using one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I know that some off-brands add non-necessary, and potentially hazardous, ingredients to the liquid...maybe that's the cause?  I haven't had any issues.  My doctor even said that my lungs no longer sound like those of a smoker...and I smoked for over 10 years!

Quoting Anonymous:

My SO tried one. No idea the brand or anything. He use to smoke then started chewing. Gross I know. But had surgery and couldn't open his chew put it in or anything. So he started to smoke again. My sister brought him an e cig. And it made his heart race. Anyone ever have that happen? Now hes smoking a little and chewing a little. :( mayne a different brand would he better?
good post going to keep reading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Awww, that's almost cute!!  I started with the local shops liquid, but it had a slightly chemical taste to some of the flavors. I decided to go for a more expensive liquid in the shops selection and had a much better experience.  

Quoting PinkOwlStuffy:

I wish I didn't enjoy the taste of them! I actually prefer the taste of a real cigarette over any of the E-juices I have tried (and I've tried a lot. I have about 9 different flavors right now.) 

My friend's grandmother suggested that maybe the reason I think I have to have a couple of cigs a day is because I have an emotional attachment to the cigarettes themselves. (Yea, sounds weird to me too.) She said they way she quit smoking (30+ years ago!) is that she bought her last pack of cigarettes and then never opened them. She simply put them in her purse and carried them around with her "just in case". She even pulled out the 30 year old pack of cigarettes and showed me! Sure enough, there they were, still unopened in her purse! I think I'm gonna try it..it sounds crazy enough it might just work. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if my taste buds came back to life or what, but after about a month of not smoking at all, then smoking a cigarette again, the taste was disgusting.  TBH, I'm glad I didn't enjoy it though.

Quoting PinkOwlStuffy:

I am in the process of quitting cigarettes completely. I love my E-cig. I am down to one pack of real cigarettes a week from at least a pack a day. My biggest problem is that I crave a cigarette first thing in the morning and when I go to bed a night. And I actually enjoy the taste and feel of a real cigarette. =/ 

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I had smoked for almost twenty years
And now i haven't had one in two years thanks to my ecig!
They are awesome and wish they had these a long time ago
(I use the hoosier ecig--got them online at hoosierecig.com if anyone wants to look them up.
Plus they are a lot cheaper then the ones sold at convenient stores)
PS I am at level zero nicotine now
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
That's cool. I live in a rural area. Our local smoke shop only started carrying them, and they only have blu brand (eww). When I started it was all trial and error ordering online. It wasnt cheap :/. I like using a 510 unit with juice and a cartomizer. The blu type ones don't produce enough vapor.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 2 now.  Thankfully, the people at our local shop are very informative, so I love them both.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Not all e cigs are equal. I went through many types and brands before funding one that worked for me.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Other. I'm a former smoker, I quit cold turkey before e-cigarettes were available, so I never used one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Had an ecig for two weeks now and i still feel like i want the real thing :(
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM

As a non-smoker whose entire family has been smokers, I have a bit different perspective.  My sister, aunt, dad, and even my husband have tried quitting with an e-cig.  DH used Blu before they were "gas station" e-cigs.  To make it worth-while, he had to buy multiple "cartons" online at once, which was very expensive.  So that didn't stick.  He tried going back when he could buy the "cartons" at Walgreens, and then again using the disposable Blu.  He did well when he finally went cold turkey and was clean for about 3 months, but then started smoking again.

Right now my sister, dad, and aunt are using the eGo.  They like the different flavors. 

What I see are these people paying a fortune on this apparatus as well as the liquid to fill them.  They are still getting the nicotine and are still addicted to that.  They are merely replacing the source of their addiction.  No, they're not "smoking", but they're still spending money on their addiction and they're mimicking the action.  I prefer that they use an e-cig, though, because it doesn't stink.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Im hitting mine as we speak ( or read, whatever lol) my huband and I havent smoked for about three months! I think they are great!
Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I quit 2 summers ago with blu brand ecigs. Unfortunately, I started back up though.

I'm so glad you found something that works for you op! Great job!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)