Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E-cigarettes poll!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Options:

I am not a smoker, cigarette or e-cig

I have thought about trying one

I smoke cigarettes, but wont try an e-cig

I have quit smoking with the help of an e-cig

I tried an e-cig but hated it

Other-please explain!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Frankly, I didn't have the will power to stop cold turkey, but my e-cigarette has made quitting smoking a breeze!  The first week was a little bit of a transition, but after that it was downright easy.  I have literally smoked ONE cigarette in the past 3 months...AND IT TASTED TERRIBLE!!  

To anyone thinking of trying to quit by using an e-cigarette, I definitely recommend it :)  Just wanted to share!!

(On a side note, I've heard it's important to invest in a half decent e-cigarette; the little gas station "blu" e-cigarette isn't anywhere close to the same quality of a real one.  I think my starter kit was $50, but it was enough for 2 people, not 1)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I quit using one. I tried a real cigarette after a month of my ecig and it was disgusting. I've been smoke free for quite some time.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I smoked for over 20 years. Tried everything to quit. its been a little over 6 months since I bought my first e-cig. totally worth the start up money. I didn't even realize my breathing was affected until I could actually breath again. 

Photo: -Randi.

ThreeKidsEnough
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I did try a disposable Blu menthol e-cig when I was trying to quit smoking last year. I didn't "hate" it, but it wasn't very satisfying; when I'd finished vaping with it, I'd still want a real cigarette. I don't really want to invest in a whole rechargable kit. I'm thinking of trying the Njoy disposable that my daughter has tried. She said they were pretty good. She wasn't trying to quit, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I used one to help me quit after I found out I was pregnant. It definitely wasn't the same as a real cig, but it really helped in these times when my cravings really got bad. I was a pack-a-day smoker when I got a positive HPT. Lately, I've really been craving one, and I hope I can stay quit once my baby is born. I still miss having a cigarette every single day. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I can appreciate everything you've said.  I just know that, in my personal experience, it has helped me kick a very nasty habit without it being a stressful experience.  I just hope that others can experience the same results.

Quoting ncbirdie:

As a non-smoker whose entire family has been smokers, I have a bit different perspective.  My sister, aunt, dad, and even my husband have tried quitting with an e-cig.  DH used Blu before they were "gas station" e-cigs.  To make it worth-while, he had to buy multiple "cartons" online at once, which was very expensive.  So that didn't stick.  He tried going back when he could buy the "cartons" at Walgreens, and then again using the disposable Blu.  He did well when he finally went cold turkey and was clean for about 3 months, but then started smoking again.

Right now my sister, dad, and aunt are using the eGo.  They like the different flavors. 

What I see are these people paying a fortune on this apparatus as well as the liquid to fill them.  They are still getting the nicotine and are still addicted to that.  They are merely replacing the source of their addiction.  No, they're not "smoking", but they're still spending money on their addiction and they're mimicking the action.  I prefer that they use an e-cig, though, because it doesn't stink.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Yay!  This is me too!  :D

Quoting lauren.m:

I quit using one. I tried a real cigarette after a month of my ecig and it was disgusting. I've been smoke free for quite some time.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

My Aunt, a 35 year smoker used them to quit. She is 8 months smoke free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Yay!!  Good for her!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

My Aunt, a 35 year smoker used them to quit. She is 8 months smoke free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I want to try an ecig at some point, but I am just so addicted to my 4 or 5 real cigs per day:  everything about them, including the way it looks in my hand (that crazy bong shape of the ecig is funny looking!) is what I love about smoking cigarettes.  Been smoking the real thing since I was 11, and loving everyone of them since the second one I lit up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured