Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like your children's births were indicative of their personalities now?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

I call my oldest my "practice baby". Totally textbook pregnancy, water broke at 1:30 am starting an easy, eight hour labor that ended with 15 minutes of pushing. She's still so easy. She does what she's told, she's tidy, she's polite, she's responsible. Just a really easy kid.

My middle daughter had to be monitored three times a week starting at 30 weeks because of an arrhythmia, and at 38 weeks was born via emergency c-section because she was in SVT and her cord was wrapped twice around her neck. She's still a good kid, but she's super sensitive. She's very dramatic, and very adventurous. She has a huge personality, and out of my three kids will be the first one to give a random hug to you and say how much she loves you.

My youngest I tried so hard for a vbac. I switched doctors so that I could do one at the hospital, but she had IUGR and she had to be out by 39 weeks. Starting at 38 weeks I was doing all kinds of things to get my body ready for labor. Nothin. And then at 38 weeks 5 days she turned transverse and there was no way I could deliver her naturally. When the doctor was doing the c-section I noticed that they were tugging on me really hard and I asked what happened and they said that she stretched her arms and legs out and they couldn't get her out. This child is now the most stubborn creature I've ever met! She sets her mind to something and will not change it. She's two but she'll hold her own in any situation.

I might be reaching, but I always thought it was funny to look at the similarities. Have you noticed anything like this with your kids?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucyblue202
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Hahah that's interesting! I only have one child, my DD and she is 3 months old. Easy pregnancy, easy baby so far.

Redcodex
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I feel like it does, which kinda breaks my heart. My doctor insisted on induction because she wasn't dropping and I agreed (I was ignorant, clearly) and it ended in a c-section. She wasn't ready and I forced her to be. Now, go ahead and try to get her to do something she isn't ready for. She doesn't take kindly to being pushed.
zeenah
by Zarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM

My dd was textbook 5hr labor 10 mins pushing. She as stubborn, dramatic and crazy as they came. She hasn't been easy from infancy to toddlerhood lol. Well she's easy to teach and learns fast that's about it.

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

My oldest was a total pain in the ass. She took 27 hours of labor, got stuck at 8cm for four of those hours, had to have a 3rd degree episiotomy just to get her out. She is still a pain in the ass, completely dramatic, and still a huge procrastinator.

My youngest was super easy, five hours of total labor, no episiotomy, she popped right out after two pushes. She is stil super relaxed, laid back child, never gives attitude or any problems.

RJC78
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I only have one, but I would agree.  I never really thought about it before.  Textbook pregnancy, induced twice at 41 1/2 weeks, two hours of pushing.  She is bright and cheerful, easygoing most of the time but also stubborn.  I said when I went so far over my due date that she didn't want to be around these people in the world and she has proven that, she talks to a very select few!

2girlsandadream
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Nope they are both very much not like their deliveries.
TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
INTERESTING! Ill let you know..
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My first is adopted from China, so I have no barometer for that one...she is a straight A student, good at everything she does kinda kiddo.

My youngest landed me on complete bed rest from 6 weeks to 34 weeks when she was delivered by c-section. She then spent 3 weeks in NICU. Today, at 5 yrs old, she is bright, articulate, stubborn and fearless.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Mine are exactly the opposite. My two amazing, short and easy labors are difficult children while my two awful, torturous, ended any chance of having any more children pregnancy and labors are my easiest kiddos. I had AWFUL pregnancies and labors with them, lots of complications, pre term labors etc. and ended with awful labor and deliveries. Those two are 14 yrs apart, currently 17 & 3, my other two are currently 18 & 13.
So no, I don't think, in my case, pregnancy/labor is indicative of behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)